Ingredients for Jellied Faberge Eggs
- Eggs 10 pcs.
- Gelatin 2 table. spoons
- Carrot 0.5 pcs.
- Bell pepper (multi-colored) 0.5 pcs.
- Green peas and / or corn 3 tablespoons. spoons
- Chicken soup set 1 pc.
- Cooked sausage or ham 200 g
- Parsley 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper peas to taste
- Bay leaf 2-3 pcs.
- Main Ingredients Eggs
- Serving 10 Servings
Inventory:Crockery, Cutting board, Knife, Coconut bowl or salad bowl, Casserole
Cooking jellied "Faberge Eggs":
Step 1: Prepare the base for aspic.To begin with, cook chicken soup from a soup set. To give the broth a richer flavor, salt it and add bay leaf and pepper. Cool the broth to room temperature and pour into a deep plate. Soak the gelatin in the chicken broth and leave for 10-15 minutes, so that it swells completely. The ratio of broth to gelatin may be different, depending on the type of gelatin. Read the instructions and add another 10% gelatin to the indicated amount. Then put it in a water bath and heat until it is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil not allowed!
Step 2: Prepare the form for Faberge Eggs.We have a dozen eggs, but this time we need a shell, not the eggs themselves. First, wash them, dry with a towel and make a hole from the blunt end of the egg using a knife. We expand the hole so that it is no larger than a five-ruble coin in size. Pour the eggs themselves through this hole and leave for another recipe. Here their role is over. Shells flush inside, and remove the finished molds to the right moment. The material is very fragile, so you need to work with it very carefully.
Step 3: Prepare the filling for the aspic.Here you can connect all your imagination, the filling can be made from anything. In this recipe, we will consider this option - we cut the sausage into cubes or give the shape as you like, just to fit into the shell. Drain the water from peas or corn (if you use canned vegetables, if frozen, you need to defrost and drain the water), tear the greens into neat leaves, cut beautiful figures from boiled carrots, for example, stars or rhombuses. Bell peppers are cut into small cubes or we also give an unusual shape.
Step 4: Fill the molds for the jellied "Faberge Eggs".We take out prepared shells, put in each of them a bit of various filling, fill with broth with gelatin, put in the shape for eggs to make the shells more stable and put them in the refrigerator. In order for the gelatin to freeze and the aspic to take the form of eggs, it will take 2-2.5 hours. We wait!
Step 5: Decorate and serve the jellied Faberge Eggs on the table.After the specified time, we take the aspic and very carefully clean the shell. Ready jellied serve, of course, cold, in special stands - cocotte makers, or we lay all the eggs on a common beautiful dish decorated with lettuce. Guests will be surprised! Enjoy your meal!
- - Wash the shell with a soap-soda solution.
- - Instead of sausage and ham, you can use meat, like fillet and sliced from bones, and offal - tongue, liver, etc.
- - Before making egg molds, remove them from the refrigerator and hold them at room temperature. This will make it easier to get rid of the inner film after pouring the contents.
- - If you cook broth from a set for aspic (ears, legs, tails), then you can do without gelatin.
- - The broth, eggs and vegetables remaining after the recipe can be used in other dishes. Or increase the number of servings of aspic.