We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for cooking pearl barley with mushrooms
- Pearl barley 2 cups
- 1 carrot
- Onion 1 pc.
- Champignon mushrooms 200 gr.
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp. spoons
- Butter 30 gr.
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Greens to taste
- Main Ingredients Mushrooms, Pearl Barley
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
Inventory:Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Strainer, Saucepan with a lid, Frying pan, Fine grater, Plate, Spoon
Cooking barley with mushrooms:
Step 1: Properly cook the pearl barley porridge.Barley should be sorted out by removing large grains and spoiled grains from the grain. Next, wash it well under running water. This can be done with a fine sieve. Now you need to transfer the barley to a bowl and fill it with fully boiled water at room temperature or filtered. In the soaked form, the groats should stay for about half an hour. Then we drain the liquid through a sieve. Thus, the grains were again in the grid. In the pan again we collect a little water and put it on medium heat. We put the barley sieve into the pan so that it does not touch the water, and cover with a lid. This is one of the ways to cook porridge for a couple. If you have a double boiler, then you can do this action with its help. Porridge languishes in this way for 20 minutes. And only now we begin to cook it. This is done in the following way: in a pan we collect 4 glasses of water (based on a ratio of 1: 2). We put it on medium heat, salt a little and add one tablespoon of vegetable oil. When the water boils, add steamed barley to it and reduce the heat to a minimum. After 20 minutes, rich and aromatic porridge will be ready. After that, remove it from the heat and add a few small pieces of butter, which will flavor our barley.
Step 2: Cook the mushroom dressing.
Step 3: Serve the barley with mushrooms.Barley porridge with mushroom dressing can be consumed at any time of the day, whether it is breakfast, afternoon tea or dinner. As a side dish for meat and fish or as a separate dish, with a variety of sauces or just with a piece of butter. It all depends on your personal preferences and culinary affections. We decorate the plate with fresh sprigs of herbs and enjoy the delicate taste and piquant aroma of pearl barley. Good appetite!
- -Mushrooms are the most tender mushrooms, although in this recipe you can use any kind of edible mushrooms. You can also use frozen mixes of assorted mushrooms.
- - In order to reduce the cooking time, it is possible to soak and steam the porridge first, and then, while the barley is cooked, prepare mushroom dressing and mix everything at the end. In this case, the cooking time is reduced to 30 minutes.
- - This dish can be used as a base dressing for soup. This is done as follows: in a meat broth, several chopped potatoes are boiled, barley with mushrooms and chopped meat are added. Add herbs and seasonings. Very quickly and simply the soup from the remnants of porridge is ready.