Ingredients for cooking Rostov fish soup
- Pike perch fillet 500 g
- Any small fish (bone possible) 1 kg
- Potatoes 5-6 pcs.
- Onion 1 pc.
- Carrots 1-2 pcs.
- Tomatoes 3-4 pcs.
- Parsley or dill greens 1-2 branches
- Butter 40 g
- Water 2 L
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper peas to taste
- Bay leaf 3-4 pcs.
- Main ingredients: Sudak, Tomato
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Crockery, Cutting board, Knife, Stove, Saucepan, Serving deep plates
Preparation of Rostov fish soup:
Step 1: Cook the fish stock.One of the differences of Rostov fish soup is that vegetables and fish are not cooked in plain water, but in a broth of small fish. We will start with him. We will clear small fish (I used capelin) from fins and other parts that are unnecessary for us, put them in gauze and put a bag out of it. We lower this bag in a pan with water, and cook until tender. Then remove the cheesecloth - the broth is ready. You can do without gauze, but then the broth will have to be filtered.
Step 2: Add the vegetables.Another difference of the fish soup is that it is made without passivation from onions and carrots, although they are both present there. Cut them into circles or half rings and put them into a boiling broth. We send there peeled and chopped potatoes. You need to cook until fully cooked. You will have to focus on carrots - it is cooked the longest. And therefore it is advisable to cut it very thin circles.
Step 3: Cook the roast-style ear.We check the readiness of cooked potatoes and carrots, and add to their company fillet of pike perch, sliced in portions. While the broth continues to cook, we will have time to rinse and cut the tomatoes into slices. They are the ones who are sent next to the soup, followed by black peppercorns and bay leaves. And of course, salt to taste. Cook until the fish is ready, then add chopped greens to the soup, cook for another minute and turn off the heat. Ear should insist under the lid 5-10 minutes.
Step 4: We make and serve the finished ear in the Rostov style.After cooking, you should rather serve on the table while the soup is hot. Although you can eat cold fish soup, anyone will like it more. Pour the ear into portioned plates, decorate with a separate circle of fresh tomato and add a little butter. Serve the ear must be with brown bread or with pies. Enjoy the aroma and benefits of our national soup, Rostov fish soup. Enjoy your meal!
- - Dishes for a classic fish soup should be either enameled or clay.
- - The ear should cook without a lid, over low heat. A boil should not be allowed.
- - You can also serve fish soup without oil, a distinctive feature of fish soup in Rostov is the addition of tomatoes.
- - The traditional fish soup is cooked from zander in Rostov style, but other fish species are also suitable.
- - The broth for the fish soup should be transparent. But the methods of clarifying the broth in the form of guy wires should not be used.
- - To stand the ear longer, greens must be added directly to the plate before serving. However, it is better to quickly eat the finished soup and cook more.