Ingredients for the preparation of pickle with pearl barley
- Potato 5 pcs.
- 1 carrot
- Onion 1 pc.
- 400 g pickle (3-4 pcs.)
- Pearl barley 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Bay leaf 4-5 pcs.
- Water 4 L
- Cooking Oil
- Greens (parsley, dill) for decoration
- Sour cream for decoration
- Main Ingredients Cucumber, Pearl Barley
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Crockery, Stove, Frying pan, Grater, Pan
Preparation of pickle with pearl barley:
Step 1: Prepare pearl barley for cooking.To increase the usefulness of cereals for the body, as well as speed up the process of cooking, you must first dunk cereal in warm, but not hot water. So for as long as you can, it is best to soak the cereal in the evening, before cooking, for 8-10 hours. During this time, the barley will swell and the grains will even begin to germinate.
Step 2: Cook the pickle.
Step 3: Serve the finished pickle with barley to the table.The soup is ready, it remains only to decorate it with chopped herbs and sour cream. Serve the pickle must be hot, spilled on portioned plates. Enjoy your meal!
- - If the pickle is not acidic enough, add a small amount (100 ml) of cucumber pickle and boil it for 5 minutes.
- - When preparing meat pickle, they usually use offal - pork or beef kidneys, bird offal, etc.
- - The pickle should be infused for at least half an hour.
- - Instead of pearl barley, you can use other cereals, but barley is the most useful option.
- - If the cucumbers have a hard peel, it must be cut off.
- - You can prepare a pickle with pearl barley with a special flavor, if instead of soaking the cereal is passaged in oil.