We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Paella with Chicken
- Chicken legs 3 pieces
- Rice 250 grams
- Tomatoes 3 pieces medium size
- Bulgarian red pepper 2 pieces medium
- Chicken flavor bouillon cube 1 piece
- Water 0.5 liters
- Saffron pistils 1 teaspoon
- Garlic 3 Slices
- Vegetable oil for frying to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineSpanish Cuisine
Inventory:Thick bottom deep pan, Knife, Cutting board, Bowl, Stove
Cooking paella with chicken:
Step 1: start with the chicken.The legs should be washed, chopped into several pieces and fry in a hot frying pan with oil. No bones need to be removed. Ideally, the oil should be olive. After all, we are preparing a Spanish dish. A few words about the pan. The larger the diameter, the more servings you will get. By Spanish standards, 4 servings need a pan with a diameter of at least 40 centimeters. The bottom line is the speed and uniformity of the evaporation of the liquid from it. Kazan in this case is not applicable.
Step 2: Cooking Rice
Step 3: add the vegetables.Tomatoes should be scalded with boiling water, peeled and cut into cubes. By the way, you can use not only fresh, but also salted ones. We also wash the pepper and cut into cubes. Now add the vegetables to the pan. At this stage, its contents can already be mixed.
Step 4: add the broth and spices.Dilute a cube of chicken stock in half a liter of hot water and pour into a pan. Finely chop the garlic and - there too. Be sure to put saffron. In extreme cases, turmeric will go. And let everything stew over low heat until the broth is absorbed. You can’t disturb paella at this stage. If the broth has already boiled away and the rice is not ready, you can add a little more water. And now a very important detail. At the very end, for about a minute, make the fire strong so that a crispy crust forms near the walls of the pan. The Spaniards call it Socarrath. Are you done? Let it stand for about five minutes and you can eat.
Step 5: serve to the table.Traditionally, paella is served right in the pan in which it was cooked. You can, of course, put it on plates, but it will be, though not less tasty, but not in Spanish. There are her taken with wooden spoons. And further. A crispy crust at the edges of the pan is considered the most delicious in paella, so do not throw it away in any case. Enjoy your meal!
- - Paella is cooked without a lid. It is believed that due to the temperature difference at the bottom of the pan and on top, a greasy film forms, which will play the role of the lid. - - - If you use salted tomatoes, you can add a teaspoon of sugar to the pan with them to neutralize the acid.
- - You can add corn to the paella. The original Valencian recipe just suggested its use.
- - The thickness of the rice layer in paella should not exceed two centimeters. Therefore, it is very important to have a pan of the appropriate diameter.