We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Making Yogurt Ice Cream
- Natural thick yogurt 200 grams
- Cream 35% fat 250 milliliters
- Sugar 100 grams
- Egg yolk 4 pieces
- Lime small size 1 piece
- Main IngredientsYogurt, Cream, Sugar
- Serving 2 servings
Blender, Mixer or whisk, Medium bowl, Juicer, Small bowl, Plastic food container with lid, Freezer, Tablespoon, Serving bowls
Making yogurt ice cream:
Step 1: prepare the lime.
We wash the lime under running water, put it on a cutting board and cut it with a knife into two halves. We put one part aside, we don’t need it, and squeeze the juice out of the second, using a juicer. To make yogurt ice cream we need 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice.
Step 2: prepare the sugar.
To make a dessert, in fact, we need not sugar itself, but powdered sugar. Therefore, pour the sugar into the blender bowl and grind it to a powder at high speed for 5 minutes. Attention: powdered sugar should be made without sugar crystals, so be sure to taste it.
Step 3: prepare the cream.
Cream must be chilled, so put them in the refrigerator to cool in advance, otherwise the cream will not rise to the peaks. After that, put them in a small bowl and beat until thickened with a mixer at low speed.
Step 4: prepare the sugar yolks.
Pour the egg yolks into a free bowl and pour the icing sugar here. Using a mixer, beat everything at medium speed until the mass becomes white and foam.
Step 5: make yogurt ice cream.
Pour yogurt into sugar yolks and mix everything well with a mixer at low speed. After we have a homogeneous mass, add whipped cream and freshly squeezed lime juice to the bowl. Mix everything carefully until smooth with a hand whisk or a tablespoon. Everything, yogurt dessert is almost ready. After that, transfer it to the container with a tablespoon, close it tightly with a lid and put it in the freezer for 4 hours.
Important: in the first two hours it is very important to get ice cream from time to time and mix it with a blender or mixer at low speed. Thus, pieces of ice will not come across in the dessert.
Step 6: serve yogurt ice cream.
When the yogurt ice cream finally hardens, we take it out of the freezer and spread it with a tablespoon into small bowls. Dessert can be decorated with any berries, mint leaves, pour jam or melted chocolate.
- For the preparation of yogurt ice cream, it is necessary to take very thick yogurt, so that the "spoon stands", and always natural, without additives. In extreme cases, vanilla yogurt will do.
- Cream is better to use homemade, because they are fatter compared to store ones, as well as thicker and easier to whip to the peaks.
- In order to add vanilla aroma to yogurt ice cream, you can add vanilla sugar to sugar and grind it in a blender to the state of icing sugar.
- Instead of a blender, you can use a hand mortar and pestle to prepare powdered sugar. In this case, it is necessary to pour sugar in portions and thoroughly crush it in a container.