Ingredients for making a rosehip drink
- Dried rosehips 2 tablespoons
- Floral honey 1 tablespoon
- Purified water 1 liter
- 1 medium lemon
- Key Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
Kitchen paper towel, Kitchen hammer or rolling pin, Cutting board, Thermos, Stove, Medium pan, Saucer, Cup
Making a rosehip drink:
Step 1: prepare the dogrose.
Rosehip - this storehouse of vitamin C, which 5 times morethan in lemon. Drink drinks, which include this berry, a guarantee of health and beauty. They are especially useful in winter and spring, when our body is deficient in vitamins and minerals, and also quickly becomes tired and vulnerable to various viral diseases.
So, put the dried rosehip on a kitchen paper towel and immediately wrap it so that the berries do not fall out during the chopping process. We lay the towel on a cutting board and, using a kitchen hammer or rolling pin, gently crush the berries.
Step 2: prepare the water.
To prepare a drink from rose hips, you need to use only boiling water so that the rose hip is well infused and highlighted not only its vitamins, but also gave the drink a flavor and a beautiful color. Therefore, we pour purified water into a medium saucepan and put on medium heat. After boiling, immediately turn off the burner and proceed to the preparation of the drink itself.
Step 3: prepare a drink from the rosehip.
Pour the crushed rosehip berries into a thermos and fill them with boiling water. Attention: Brewing a drink is necessary only in a dark dish, since vitamin C breaks down in the light, so the drink will be ordinary without much benefit to the body. Close the thermos tightly with a lid and set aside to insist for 5-6 hours or all night.
Step 4: serve the rosehip drink.
As soon as the rosehip drink is ready, pour it into the cups and serve it to the dessert table. Together with it, you can also cut lemon into slices and put them on a saucer, as well as suggest sweetening the drink with honey.
- The rosehip drink can be updated by adding boiling water to the thermos again and adding a couple of rosehip berries.
- Attention: it is undesirable to drink a rosehip rose constantly, as there may be a supersaturation with vitamin C, as well as discomfort in the stomach and discomfort in the mouth.
- For the preparation of the drink, it is best to use dried rose hips. Therefore, if you have fresh berries, first dry them in the sun, and only then prepare a drink.
- Rosehip can be chopped in a manual mortar with a pestle. In this case, adding berries is better in small portions.