Ingredients for the preparation of manna according to the classic recipe
- Semolina 200-250 grams
- Sour cream 20% fat 200-250 milliliters
- Wheat flour 200-250 grams
- Chicken eggs 3 pieces
- Sugar 200-250 grams
- Baking powder for dough 1 teaspoon
- Butter for form lubrication
- Salt 1 pinch
- Main ingredients: Sour cream, Semka, Flour
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Sieve, Bowl - 2 pieces, Tablespoon, Refrigerator, Lid, Food wrap, Baking paper, Kitchen knife, Mixer, Hand whisk, Bakeware, Kitchen gloves, Oven, Toothpick or matchstick, Wide serving dish
Preparation of manna according to the classic recipe:
Step 1: prepare the flour mixture.So that the flour is enriched with oxygen from the air and there are no lumps, sift it through a sieve into a clean bowl. To prepare our baking, we always take high-quality wheat flour of the highest grade, fine grinding and a proven brand. Then add the baking powder to the bowl with the sifted flour and with the help of a tablespoon mix the two ingredients together well.
Step 2: prepare the manno-sour cream mixture.Pour sour cream into a free bowl. Then gradually add semolina to the same container. Using a tablespoon, mix the two ingredients together until smooth and leave for 1 hour so that semolina swells during this time. If this is not done, then the cake will turn out dry. Attention: the container with the manno-sour cream mixture can be left in the refrigerator for a longer time, but in this case, the bowl must be covered tightly with a lid or wrapped with cling film to prevent the semolina from drying out.
Step 3: prepare the sugar-egg mass.Using a kitchen knife, free the chicken yolk and protein from the shell and pour the egg components into the mixer bowl. Then add sugar and salt to the same container. At medium speed, beat all the ingredients well until smooth, lush.
Step 4: prepare the dough.Pour sugar and egg mass from a mixer bowl into a bowl with manno-sour cream mixture and mix all the ingredients together with a tablespoon or hand whisk until smooth. After that, in the same container, gradually and in small portions pour the flour mixture and, using the same table stock, knead the dough well. Its consistency should not be thick, but approximately the same as for fritters. Attention: if the dough turned out to be liquidy, then you need to add a little flour to it. But make sure that the dough does not turn out thick, then the cake may rise poorly.
Step 5: prepare the manna according to the classic recipe.We grease the bottom and sides of the baking dish with butter and then pour the batter from the bowl into this container. Note: the mold can also be coated with pre-greased baking paper. Then the finished manna will be easy to get out of shape. Using a tablespoon, level the dough over its entire surface so that the manna is baked evenly. With the help of kitchen gloves, put the form with the dough in a preheated oven to a temperature 180 ° -200 ° C. Attention: so that the cake is evenly baked on all sides and at the same time does not burn, the oven grate must be set to an average level. We bake mannik for 40-45 minutes in the set temperature mode. We control the readiness of baking by color: the cake should be covered with a golden-brown crust on top. We can also check the readiness of baking with a toothpick or match. If you pierce the pastries with it and after that, removing it from the pie, it remains dry, which means that our manna is ready and it can be taken out of the oven. We turn off the oven and with the help of kitchen gloves we get the form with our dish. Leave the manna in shape for 10-15 minutes. When the baking has cooled to room temperature, we take it out of the form and transfer it to a wide dish.
Step 6: serve the manic according to the classic recipe.Then with the help of a kitchen knife we cut mannik into portioned pieces and serve. It is very good to serve our jam or sour cream pie. You can enjoy our amazingly delicious pastries with a cup of aromatic tea, milk or fruit juice. Good appetite!
- - For the preparation of manna it is better to use sour cream 10% or 20% fat.
- - The baking dish can be greased not only with butter, but also with cream margarine.
- - You can add raisins, dried apricots or prunes to the dough, as well as chopped walnuts, previously fried. You can also add pieces of any fruit or berries to the dough.
- - Sour cream for making dough can be replaced with kefir, milk or yogurt. Then baking will turn out less caloric, but no less tasty.
- - You can decorate a manna in different ways: icing sugar, pour chocolate glaze. Baking is very tasty if it is poured with sour cream on top. To prepare it, mix sour cream with a fat content of at least 20-25% with vanilla sugar or powdered sugar, and then, using a mixer, beat all the ingredients well. You can also add jam or melted chocolate to this cream.
- - If you do not have a mixer or a blender, do not be discouraged, as all the ingredients for cooking manna can be whipped with a hand whisk.
- - Mannik will become much more aromatic if you add vanilla sugar or cinnamon to the dough.
- - If desired, the manna can be carefully cut into two layers with a knife and soaked in cream to your taste.