Lean Charlotte Ingredients
- Distilled pure water 250 milliliters
- Sugar 1 cup
- Honey 2 tablespoons
- Food baking powder 2 teaspoons
- Wheat flour 1.5-2 cups
- Baking soda 1 teaspoon
- Table vinegar 9% 1,5 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil 125 milliliters
- Apple 4-5 pieces
- Vanilla Sugar 2 packets (30 grams)
- Powdered sugar 50 grams or to taste
- Main ingredients: Apple, Flour
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Oven, Round baking dish with removable sides, Paper kitchen towels, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Glass (capacity 250 milliliters), Cutting board, Knife, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Baking brush, Fine mesh strainer, Stewpan, Stove, Wooden skewer, Kitchen towel, Vase for cakes
Preparation of lean charlotte:
Step 1: prepare the apples.The dough for this fragrant cake is prepared very quickly, so first we turn on the oven and heat it to 200 degrees Celsius. Lubricate the baking dish with removable sides with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil using a baking brush, as well as prepare the fruits, before filling they will not have time to darken. We take the right amount of apples and wash them under cold running water from various kinds of pollution. Then we dry them with paper kitchen towels and use a sharp knife to peel them, cutting it off with a thin layer. Then we cut each apple into 2 halves, remove the stalks and cut the core with stones out of them. Now, in turn, put each half of the fruit on a cutting board and cut the apples in layers, quarters, slices or half slices no more than a thickness 5 millimeters. Leave the cut on the board and start cooking dough.
Step 2: prepare the dough.We take a dry deep bowl and with the help of a sieve with a fine mesh we sift into it the right amount of wheat flour. We turn the stove on to the middle level and put a stewpan on it with the right amount of clean distilled water. We heat the liquid up to 38 - 40 degrees, the water should be warm so that you can lower your fingers into it and not get burned. After we pour the warm liquid into a deep bowl, add the right amount of regular granulated sugar, vanilla sugar and honey to it. Mix the ingredients until the sugar grains are completely dissolved. Now gradually pour the flour into the liquid mass and knead the dough of medium density without lumps. Then we add food baking powder to the same container, pour 125 milliliters of vegetable oil and extinguish with table vinegar 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Re-mix the ingredients with a tablespoon until smooth, the texture of the finished dough should resemble thick sour cream.
Step 3: make a cake.Now we put apples in a greased baking dish, distributing the pieces in an even layer around the entire perimeter. Fill a layer of apples with dough so that it covers pieces of fruit.
Step 4: bake the cake.We check whether the oven has warmed up to the desired temperature and only after that we set the mold in it with raw charlotte on the middle rack. Bake a pie 40 minutes. After we check its readiness with a wooden skewer. Insert its end into the pulp of charlotte and remove if the end of the wooden stick is wet and pieces of not baked dough stick to it, let the pie go into the oven 5 to 7 minutes. If the cake is ready, remove the baking dish from the oven, holding it with a kitchen towel, and put it on a cutting board laid on the kitchen table. Let the charlotte cool completely to room temperature directly in the mold. After we arm ourselves with a knife, and draw it with a point between the sides of the form and the sides of the cake, slightly cutting it. This process is needed if the flour product is slightly adhered to the container. Now we remove the removable side, with the help of a kitchen spatula we put the cake on a vase for cakes and sprinkle it with an even layer of powdered sugar through a sieve with a fine mesh. Serve sweet lean Charlotte to a sweet table.
Step 5: serve the lean charlotte.Lean charlotte is served at room temperature. Together with any favorite lean drinks. Cooking deliciously in Great Lent is easy! Enjoy it! Enjoy your meal!
- - Instead of vanilla sugar, you can use liquid vanilla extract or pure vanillin, but the last ingredient should be used with extreme caution! This spice in large quantities can give bitterness to any finished flour product.
- - At will, before putting the apples in the form, you can mix them with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, this seasoning will give the cake its zest in the form of a charming, rich aroma.
- - If desired, add 1 tablespoon of any jam for a richer taste to the dough for lean charlotte, chopped nuts, in order to diversify the taste, and lemon or orange peel to complement the fan of aromas.
- - For baking this pie, you can use a pan with a removable handle, a baking sheet with high sides, any non-stick or heat-resistant baking dish.
- - Instead of vegetable oil, corn or olive oil can be used.