Ingredients for Cooking Lean Mushroom Gravy
- Onions medium size 2-3 pieces
- Fresh champignon mushrooms 250-350 grams
- Mushroom cube 1 piece
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil 6-7 tablespoons
- Wheat flour 1-2 tablespoons with a hill
- Purified water 1 liter
- Main ingredients: Mushrooms, Flour
- Serving 6 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Plate - 2 pieces, Frying pan with a lid, Cooker, Wooden spatula, Sauce or bowl, Tablespoon
Preparation of lean mushroom sauce:
Step 1: prepare the onion.Using a knife, peel the onion from the husk, and then thoroughly rinse the ingredient under running water. We spread the vegetable on a cutting board and, using the same sharp inventory, cut the onion into two halves, and then chop each of them into small squares. The finely chopped component is transferred to a free plate.
Step 2: prepare the champignons.
Step 3: prepare lean mushroom sauce.We put a pan with 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to medium heat. When the oil warms up well, make a small fire and carefully spread the chopped onion into the pan. Constantly stirring the ingredients with a wooden spatula, fry the finely chopped vegetable to a soft golden color. After - holding the pan with your hand, transfer the onion to a free plate, but do not turn off the burner. Add the remaining vegetable oil to the container and put the pan over medium heat again. The oil should warm up again. Immediately after this, pour the crushed champignons into the container and mix everything well with a wooden spatula. Cover the pan tightly with a lid and fry the mushrooms for 20-25 minutes. Attention: always from time to time it is necessary to remove the lid from the container and stir the champignons with improvised equipment so that they do not burn on one side. Over this period of time, the ingredient will become soft and decrease in volume, and all juice will come out of it, which will give lean gravy an additional pleasant mushroom aroma. After the allotted time, remove the lid from the pan again and add the mushroom broth cube to the container. To do this, simply chop the component in your hands and sprinkle our dish on it. Although the bouillon cube is not a completely natural product, but in our case, it will give the gravy a bright aroma and unusual taste. Mix the ingredients well with a wooden spatula and then continue to fry the mushrooms, but without the lid, for another 2-3 minutes. And now add the fried onions to the pan, once again mix everything well and continue to cook the gravy. After this, pour the wheat flour and again mix everything well with improvised equipment. Attention: the amount of flour depends on how thick you want to make the sauce. The more flour there is in the dish, the thicker it will turn out. So, without ceasing to stir everything with a wooden spatula, we continue to prepare gravy for 1-2 minutes so that the flour dissolves in the components, as it were, and does not form lumps and, accordingly, does not burn to the bottom of the container. At the end, pour a thin stream of purified water into the pan, while continuing to stir the dish with a wooden spatula to form a homogeneous mass. And now we bring the sauce to a boil, from time to time stirring everything with improvised inventory. Salt and pepper the dish to taste and after the sauce boils, make a small fire and continue to cook the dish for another 7-10 minutes after another boiling of gravy.
Step 4: serve the lean mushroom sauce.Once the lean mushroom sauce is ready, you can turn off the hotplate and use a tablespoon to pour the dish into a saucepan or bowl. While the sauce is still hot it should be served at the table and treat your loved ones with such a delicious and very aromatic dish. But boiled potatoes or any porridge to your taste is perfect for a side dish. Optionally, gravy can be sprinkled before serving finely chopped fresh herbs parsley and dill. Good appetite!
- - Before you salt the lean mushroom sauce, be sure to taste it so as not to salt the dish, as there is a sufficient amount of salt in the broth cube.
- - If you do not like the taste of the broth cube, then the purified water can be replaced with any broth according to your desire, and sprinkle the gravy itself with natural mushroom seasoning or spices to your taste.
- - Fresh champignons can be replaced with dried mushrooms as you wish. Since it can be any variety of mushrooms.
- - For brighter tastes, chopped carrots can be added to lean gravy when frying onions.
- - In order not to spoil the taste of lean mushroom sauce, it is better to fry the onions separately from the mushrooms, and at the end mix everything. Therefore, it is better not to simplify the sauce preparation process, but to follow the steps of the recipe.