We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Smoked Mackerel
- Mackerel as needed
- Coarse salt (without iodine) for each carcass 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Main ingredients Mackerel
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Refrigerator, Cutting board, Knife, Paper kitchen towels, Scissors, Oiled twine or thick thread, Deep plate, Tablespoon, Stainless steel tray - 2 pieces, Plastic wrap, Rope, Wood smokehouse with metal poles, Firewood , Alder sawdust - 2 handfuls
Cooking smoked mackerel:
Step 1: clean the fish.The initial preparation of mackerel depends on what kind of fish you bought, if it is frozen, then the carcasses must be thawed naturally, that is, just lay them in a deep bowl and put in a cool place or in the refrigerator 1 - 2 hours during this time, the fish will completely melt. In no case do not try to defrost the fish in warm water, this can spoil the whole mackerel, its meat will become soft and move away from the bones. After the fish has thawed, we place each carcass on a cutting board one by one, cut off their heads, gutted from the insides, wash them under a stream of cold running water and dry the mackerel with paper kitchen towels to prevent excess moisture. Now, using a sharp, thin knife, we alternately make one small longitudinal section with an approximate length in the tail of the carcasses in 1 centimeter. We take a dense thread or oiled twine, cut it with scissors into lengths up to 20 centimeters and put 1 rope into the cuts on the tails. After we connect the ends of each twine with a tight knot so that a loop is obtained. Pour salt into a deep plate, the first preparation is finished, it is time to start salting.
Step 2: salting out the fish.
Step 3: Dry the fish.
Step 4: prepare a smokehouse and smoke fish.
Step 5: serve the smoked mackerel.Hot smoked mackerel is delicious both hot and cold. It makes excellent salads, fish pastes, flavorful slices for sandwiches and an excellent snack for light or strong aperitifs. Some gourmets make wonderful casseroles, pies and crispy pizza from such a fish. Mackerel prepared according to this recipe is tender, the connective tissue of the fish is soft with a pronounced smoked aroma. Cook and relish with pleasure! Enjoy your meal!
- - Mackerel can be smoked on low heat, but for 2 hours.
- - If you have a small home electric smokehouse, then you need to set the temperature to 100 degrees Celsius in it and smoke the prepared fish for 1.5 hours.
- - In addition to alder sawdust, you can use sawdust of such trees as apple, plum, cherry, oak, beech, aspen, walnut, birch. Sawdust should be without bark, it contains tar, which during smoking can give the fish a bitter taste. For smoking on the barbecue, corn cobs, poplar sawdust and nutshells are sometimes used.
- - At will, in the salt you can add spices such as red ground pepper, black ground pepper, chopped lemongrass or any other spices that are suitable for smoking.