Ingredients for Mackerel Salting
Ingredients for making salted mackerel:
- Mackerel fish 2 pieces
- Coarse salt (without iodine) 2 tablespoons
- Sugar half a teaspoon
- Table vinegar 9% 2 tablespoons
- Pure distilled water 300 milliliters
- Coriander 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper grain 2-3 pieces
- Allspice 4-5 pieces
- Ground black pepper half a teaspoon
- Dill grains dried 1 teaspoon
- Main ingredients Mackerel
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Plate, Stewpan, Measuring cup, Cutting board, Knife, Sterilized liter can, Sterilized metal lid, Refrigerator, Plate
Cooking Mackerel Salts:
Step 1: prepare the marinade.First of all, you need to start with the marinade! Turn the stove on to a medium level and place a stewpan on it with the right amount of clean distilled water. Add to it all the spices, salt and sugar specified in the recipe. Bring the liquid to a boil, let the spices dissolve their aroma for 2 - 3 minutes and then enter the vinegar. Boil the marinade yet 1 minute and remove the stewpan from the stove. Pour the resulting mixture into a less hot dish, for example, in a measuring cup and let the aromatic mixture cool completely to room temperature.
Step 2: prepare the fish.Rinse the mackerel under running water to remove any kind of contamination. After laying it on a cutting board, use a knife to cut the fish inside and gut the mackerel from the insides. Remove the gall bladder very carefully, try to cut it out completely without damaging it, since it contains a substance that, when it gets into the meat of the fish, makes its taste bitter. Remove your head. Cut off the fins. Rinse the fish again under running water from blood and internal black films. Dry the mackerel with paper kitchen towels and decide in which form you want to pickle it, you can cut the fish into fillets and cut into slices with an approximate diameter up to 3 centimeters. A good option is simply to cut the fish in portions with the same diameter, but without removing the ridge as indicated in this recipe. And you can pickle the whole fish carcass. Place prepared fish in a clean, pre-sterilized liter jar.
Step 3: salt the fish.With cooled marinade, fill the fish, close it with a tight-fitting sterilized metal lid and refrigerate for 3 days. After this time, the fish will be completely ready for use. Open the jar, remove the pieces of mackerel, cut or leave them whole, lay on a plate and, if desired, shape with lemon slices.
Step 4: serve the salted mackerel.Salting mackerel is a very easy and versatile process. After the fish is infused, it is cold placed on a plate and decorated with fresh herbs, lemons, onions or green onions. From such a lean salting, the fish is very tender, almost crumbly with a pronounced aroma of spices and herbs. Boiled vegetables, rice, mashed potatoes or salads from fresh vegetables can be a side dish for this yummy. Cook with pleasure and enjoy! Enjoy your meal!
- - Spices and spices in this recipe can be supplemented, for example, add tarragon, caraway seeds, currant leaf, blackberry leaf, French dry mustard, coriander and many others.
- - This method of salting is suitable for any fish.
- - It is desirable that before cutting, the fish should be slightly frozen, in this form it will be easier to cut into slices.
- - You can make tea marinade, for this, add a handful of onion husks and 1 bag of black top-quality black tea to the above ingredients. Also, in such a marinade, if desired, you can add 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke. Boil the marinade, cool and fill the fish. The color of the mackerel will be darker with a spicy aftertaste, and if you add liquid smoke then with a smoked aftertaste.
- - In addition to all the above ingredients, you can pickle fish with vegetables, such as garlic, onions or carrots, these ingredients give their zest to mackerel and serve as a great addition to the side dish.
- - Be sure to sterilize all the equipment, before salting in any way, for 15 - 20 minutes! Do not forget that each product contains not only positive microflora, but also negative!