Ingredients for Cooking Napoleon Custard
- Flour 75 grams
- 4 eggs
- Milk 600 grams
- Sugar 75 grams or to taste
- Vanilla extract to taste
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Milk, Flour
Inventory:Cooker, Pots, Strainer, Paper Kitchen Towels, Plates, Teaspoon, Whisk
Cooking custard for Napoleon:
Step 1: prepare the components for the cream.First, we wash eggs under running water from various kinds of contaminants. Then dry them with paper kitchen towels. Next, set ourselves two deep plates or bowls. And after that, we carefully begin to break the eggs, so that it is possible to separate the yolk from the protein. The protein is poured into a plate, and the yolk remaining in the shell is poured into another. To prepare the cream, we need egg yolks, so the proteins can be removed in the refrigerator and used in the preparation of another dish. Next, add sugar to the yolks and mix these two ingredients with a teaspoon or fork until smooth. Then we sift the flour into any container convenient for you so that it is saturated with oxygen, becomes airy and at the same time gets rid of lumps. And pour it on a plate to our egg-sugar mixture. Then mix everything until smooth. And with the help of a tablespoon we move the mass into the pan.
Step 2: heat the milk.Turn on the temperature of the stove to a small level. Pour the necessary amount of milk into the pan and put on the burner. With constant stirring with a tablespoon, bring the milk component to a boil. Then we set the pan to another burner, and do not turn off the stove.
Step 3: Cook the cream.Now set the pan with a mixture of sugar, eggs and flour on a preheated burner. After that, gradually pour hot milk into it, while constantly stirring the contents with a whisk. And on a small fire, we start cooking custard. Stirring the cream with a whisk, cook it about 10 - 15 minutesuntil it gains a uniform consistency. And at the very end, add a little vanilla extract. The custard should slightly thicken and resemble butter.
Step 4: serve custard for Napoleon.After preparing the cream, let it cool and then use it as intended. Grease Napoleon cake cakes or decorate other pastries with this cream. For example, muffins, eclairs, sweet buns or cakes. Cook with pleasure! Enjoy your meal!
- - Vanilla extract can be replaced with vanilla sugar, or not added at all.
- - For boiling milk, it is best to use an aluminum pan, but you should refuse from a glass or enamel pan.
- - To prevent milk from burning, the pan must be rinsed under running water. And then immediately pour the milk. At the same time, throughout the cooking process, constantly mix and do not leave the stove.
- - Try after preparing the cream, immediately use it for baking or desserts, since it is stored relatively briefly.