Ingredients for Cooking Chicken in Mustard Sauce
- Chicken fillet 4 pieces
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Cognac 240 milliliters
- Dijon mustard 1 tablespoon
- Granular mustard 1 tablespoon
- Thick cream 120 milliliters
- Chicken broth 120 milliliters
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Chicken, Cognac, Mustard
- Serving 6 - 8
Inventory:Kitchen stove, Frying pan, Kitchen spatula, Paper kitchen towels, Knife, Cutting board, Tablespoon, Whisk, Measuring cup, Dishes for serving
Cooking chicken in mustard sauce:
Step 1: prepare the chicken.We wash the chicken fillet under running cool water, dry it with paper kitchen towels and transfer it to a cutting board. Then, using a knife, cut off excess fat, if any, and carefully cut the chicken fillet along the thickness. Thus, we process all the other chicken pieces. Next, carefully salt and pepper the chopped chicken fillet on both sides. And put it on the plate.
Step 2: chop the garlic.
Step 3: fry the chicken.Turn on the temperature of the plate to an average level. Add the required amount of olive and butter to the pan. After, we put the pan on the burner and, when the oil is warm, put several pieces of chicken on the bottom. Fry the fillet first on one side, then with the help of a kitchen spatula, turn it over to the other side and continue to fry until it is a beautiful golden crust. In this case, bring the chicken to full readiness is not necessary. In the same way, fry all chicken fillet, adding butter and olive oil if necessary. We shift the rosy meat pieces into a plate, but do not turn off the fire on the stove.
Step 4: prepare the sauce.
Step 5: stew the chicken with the sauce.In a preheated pan with sauce, transfer the fried pieces of chicken. And we continue to cook the chicken in boiling liquid. Using a kitchen spatula, periodically turn over the pieces so that they are evenly soaked in a fragrant sauce. As a result, the chicken meat is fully cooked, and the sauce thickens. Now you can turn off the stove and start tasting.
Step 6: serve the chicken in mustard sauce.This dish is considered the second and served hot. This chicken can be cooked for lunch or dinner, as well as on the festive table. As a side dish, you can serve mashed potatoes or boiled pasta on a regular table. Well, if you prefer light side dishes, then a salad of green leaves seasoned with cooked sauce is ideal. Cook with pleasure! Enjoy your meal!
- - If you do not have cognac, you can add white wine to this dish instead.
- - Sometimes the generated vapor from alcohol can ignite, so if you have a stove with an open fire, it will be safer to turn it off for the period when you will add alcohol to the pan so that there is no fire.
- - If it seems to you that the sauce is too thick, then it can be diluted with a small amount of chicken broth.
- - This dish can be prepared using only one type of mustard.