Ingredients for Making Orange Hash Browns
- Whole fat cottage cheese 500 grams
- Sugar 70 grams (3 tablespoons)
- Chicken egg 2 pieces
- Orange zest with 1 orange
- Orange juice 1 tablespoon
- Wheat flour 1, 5 cups (cup capacity 250 milliliters)
- Whole pasteurized milk of any fat content 125 milliliters
- Salt a quarter teaspoon
- Vegetable oil in the dough 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil for frying 5-6 tablespoons
- Butter to serve to taste
- Main Ingredients: Orange, Milk, Cottage Cheese, Flour
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen table, Fine mesh strainer, Deep bowl - 2 pieces, Paper kitchen towels, Bowl - 2 pieces, Glass, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Whisk, Stove, Frying pan, Baking tray, Kitchen spatula, Large flat dish
Cooking Orange Fritters:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
Step 2: prepare the orange.Remove the zest from the washed and dried orange using a special zest knife or a fine grater, and place it in a bowl. Then squeeze the right amount of juice into the glass with the orange pulp.
Step 3: prepare the dough for orange pancakes.In the deep bowl, beat the right amount of unshell eggs, add sugar mixed with salt, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, lay the cottage cheese, pour in the milk, add the orange zest and orange juice. Stir the ingredients with a tablespoon until smooth. You should have a semi-dense mass with a pronounced aroma of oranges. Now, in order to make the dough thicker in parts, introduce the sifted wheat flour into the liquid mass by intensively mixing the ingredients with a whisk. This time, the dough will seem too thick to you, but you should not add liquid, during frying the dough will liquefy a little. Let the brew test stand for 10 - 15 minutes.
Step 4: fry the orange pancakes.
Step 5: serve the orange pancakes.Orange pancakes are served warm. They are laid down on a large flat dish or in portions on dessert plates. Immediately before serving, orange pancakes can be poured with melted butter, sugar or wedge syrup. During serving, you can decorate it with slices or rings of orange. Savoring this yummy is pleasant with a cup of freshly brewed tea or coffee. Enjoy and enjoy delicious food! Enjoy your meal!
- - If you want to make the dough more fluffy, you can add half a teaspoon of baking soda or yeast steamed in milk to it, but during frying such pancakes must be cooked in a pan under a closed lid so that they are steamed inside and the dough reaches full readiness.
- - You can enhance the orange aroma by adding liquid orange essence to the dough.
- - If you have purchased too loose cottage cheese, just before mixing the liquid ingredients, it is better to wipe it through a sieve with a fine mesh.
- - To prepare the dough instead of milk, you can use kefir or sour cream, these ingredients will give a little acidity to your finished products.