Ingredients for Cooking Kuyrdak
Ingredients for cooking Kuyrdak:
- Beef tenderloin 300 grams
- Chicken heart 400 grams
- Chicken liver 400 grams
- Lard 70-80 grams
- Vegetable oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Onions 3-4 pieces
- 2 carrots
- Sweet bell pepper of any color 1 piece
- Potato 1-1.5 kilograms
- Pure pasteurized pure water 400-500 milliliters
- Garlic 1 head
- Dried nutmeg, ground teaspoon
- Dried ground ginger half a teaspoon
- Dried ground chilli to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dried ground basil teaspoon
- Dried paprika, ground teaspoon
- Caraway seeds 1 teaspoon
- Laurel leaf 2-3 pieces
- Dill, dried, ground 2 teaspoons or as desired
- Main ingredients: Beef, Liver, Heart
- Serving 10 Servings
- World CuisineKyrgyz cuisine
Inventory:Cutting board - 2 pieces, Knife - 2 pieces, Deep bowl - 4 pieces, Plate - 3 pieces, Plate, Three-liter cauldron with a lid, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Ladle, Plate
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.Rinse your liver, heart, and beef under running cold water. Then lay them on a chopping board one at a time, strip them with a knife and chop. Peel the chicken hearts from the films, excess fat, cut in half, and clean the chicken liver from small pipes and, without slicing, lay in a deep bowl with the heart. Strip beef from films, veins, excess fat and cut into small pieces with an approximate diameter up to 2 centimeters. Place the beef in a separate deep bowl. Peel onions, potatoes, garlic and carrots with a knife. Rinse vegetables under running water along with salad bell pepper. Dry with paper kitchen towels, place on a chopping board, and chop. Cut the carrots into small cubes with an approximate diameter 1 to 1 centimeter, can be smaller. Chop the onion into a dice with an approximate diameter up to 1 centimeter. Chop the garlic finely, in small pieces, in arbitrary sizes. Arrange these 3 ingredients in separate plates, then cut the potatoes into a large cube with an approximate diameter up to 2 - 3 centimeters, put the potatoes in a deep bowl and fill with water so that it does not darken. With bell pepper, cut the stem, clean it from seeds, rinse, dry, cut into a cube with a diameter 1 to 1 centimeter and put in a deep plate. The ingredients are prepared, it's time to start cooking the kuyrdak itself.
Step 2: extinguish the heart and liver.Turn the stove on to the middle level and place a large three-liter cauldron on it. Place the correct amount of lard in it with a tablespoon and melt the fat. Throw a liver with a heart into a heated lard and simmer them for 20 minutes. These ingredients should be half ready, the blood should clot, and the liver and heart should be lightly fried.
Step 3: add the beef.After the heart and liver have been fried, add chopped beef to them, simmer the ingredients together for 10 minutes and then add 100 - 150 milliliters pure distilled water. Bring the water to a boil, and set the temperature of the stove to the lowest level and simmer the offal with meat under a closed lid for 20-30 minutes to the floor of beef preparedness. Open the lid periodically and mix the ingredients with a tablespoon so that they are stewed evenly from all sides. After almost all the liquid has boiled away, add a couple of tablespoons of sunflower oil to the total mass and throw onions and half the chopped carrots into the cauldron. Stew meat ingredients with vegetables, over 15 minutes, vigorously mixing them with a tablespoon to avoid burning to the bottom of the cauldron.
Step 4: add the potatoes.Then add chopped potatoes and the remaining pure distilled water to the cauldron with all ingredients, cover it, turn the stove on a medium level and let the water boil. After it boils, and you will hear it by a characteristic gurgling sound, remove the lid from the cauldron and simmer the potatoes for 15 minutes.
Step 5: add the second part of carrots, garlic and salad pepper.After the lapse of 15 minutes add the remaining carrots, garlic and chopped salad bell pepper to the cauldron. Stir the total mass with a tablespoon until smooth and simmer the ingredients 5 to 7 minutes.
Step 6: season the kuyrdak with spices and herbs.Kuyrdak is almost ready, and in order to bring it to full readiness a few touches remain. Complete your culinary masterpiece with the spices indicated in the ingredients, salt to taste and add the dried dill. Re-mix the kuyrdak, set the temperature of the stove to a low level and simmer the ingredients for 12 - 15 minutes. Then turn off the stove let the dish brew 10 - 15 minutes and place in portions on plates with a ladle.
Step 7: Serve Kuyrdak.Kuyrdak is served hot in portions in plates. By tradition, you should serve corn tortillas or pita bread with this dish, and you can also add kyurdak with sliced fresh vegetables or salad. Very often, Kyrgyz and Kazakhs season this dish with sheep’s cheese or fat cream, you can also experiment and enjoy real Kazakh - Kyrgyz dishes. Tasty and not expensive! Enjoy your meal!
- - Slicing the ingredients in this dish is not important, you can increase or decrease the size of the chopped ingredients, as you like. But, remember that depending on the size of the slices, your chicken will cook in time or longer or less.
- - The set of offal in this dish is not fundamental, the main and mandatory basis is meat of any kind, it can be pork, beef, veal or lamb. An additional link is offal, you can use them selectively, it can be the lungs, kidneys, liver, spleen, heart, ventricles and it is not necessary that they are chicken.
- - A set of spices is the main set that is used in the preparation of traditional kuyrdak, but as an exception, you can complement the taste of this dish with any spices you like that are suitable for vegetable or meat dishes.
- - Kuyrdak can be cooked not only in a cauldron, but also in a lingon bowl, a frying pan with high sides and a tight lid. And remember that for raw vegetables and raw meat there must be separate cutting boards and knives!