Ham and Cheese Croissant Ingredients
- Pack of puff yeast dough 1 pc. (400 gr)
- Ham 200 gr
- Hard cheese 350 gr
- Egg 1 pc
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main Ingredients Cheese, Puff Pastry
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Oven, Baking tray, Grater, Baking brush, Rolling pin
Cooking ham and cheese croissants:
Step 1: prepare the filling for the croissants.We take all the cheese and grate it, preferably with small holes. Next, take the ham and finely cut into slices or strips, but also finely. And we mix the resulting mass with our cheese, you can also pour black ground pepper there.
Step 2: prepare the dough.We take the puff pastry out of the package, use a rolling pin to roll it to a thickness of about 0.5 cm. Next, cut it with a knife into 2 or 3 strips, and then cut it into triangles, for convenience, you can roll out the dough in a circle and cut it like a cake .
Step 3: lay out the filling.On the resulting triangles on the edge of the base we put our filling, not a lot, to make it easier to spin, to spin, we start from the filling to the upper acute corner of the triangle. After the twist, we bend slightly, giving them the shape of a crescent.
Step 4: bake croissants with ham and cheese.The resulting croissants are laid out on a baking sheet, where previously you can put special baking paper (or grease with vegetable oil). We break 1 egg, so as to separate the yolk from the protein, put the yolk in a small mug, stir and grease the croissants with a brush to grease the baking. Next, we send the croissant to the oven with a temperature of 100 - 150 degrees, about 15-20 minutes. Before the appearance of a beautiful crispy color.
Step 5: Serve the ham and cheese croissants.We lay out the ready-made croissants with ham and cheese on a plate or in a wicker basket with a clean linen napkin, serve fragrant pastries slightly cooled. They can make coffee, cocoa or tea. A delicious French breakfast is ready, a great start to the day! Enjoy your meal!
- - Before sending to the oven, croissants can be sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- - You can also add finely chopped parsley to the filling.
- - After the third step, you can wrap the croissants in aluminum foil or put them in a plastic dish, then place them in the freezer. And when you want to feast on them - just get it, unfreeze and bake.