Ingredients for cooking Vitello Tonnato
- Veal tenderloin 500 grams
- Olive oil 60-80 grams
- Onions red sweet 1-2 pieces
- Carrot 1 piece
- Celery stems 1-2 pieces
- Garlic 2-3 prongs
- Laurel leaf 2-4 pieces
- Rosemary 1 branch
- Cloves 3-4 pieces
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Dry white wine of any brand 300 grams
- Distilled pure water 300 grams
- Ground black pepper 1 tablespoon
For the sauce:
- Capers marinade 3 teaspoons
- Homemade mayonnaise 100 grams
- Olive oil 100 grams
- Canned tuna in oil 150 grams
- Anchovies fillets 3-4 pieces
- Veal broth 3-4 teaspoons or as needed
- Capers for decoration as needed
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Veal, Anchovy, Tuna
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Cutting board, Knife, Paper kitchen towels, Plate - 4 pieces, Stove, Frying pan, Kitchen spatula, Fork, Frying pan, Skimmer, Fine sieve, Bowl, Foil, Refrigerator, Canned wrench, Blender
Cooking Vitello Tonnato:
Step 1: prepare the meat.Rinse the veal tenderloin under running water, lay on a cutting board, and clean with a knife from the hymen and excess fatty layers. Then dry with paper kitchen towels and lay on a plate. Place a frying pan with olive oil on a medium-level stove and heat it. Dip the veal tenderloin into the hot oil and fry it very quickly from all sides to a light golden crust, intensively turning the pieces of meat from side to side with a kitchen spatula and fork. Fry veal evenly, do not fry meat very much it must be gentle! Place lightly fried veal in a pressure cooker.
Step 2: add spices, herbs and vegetables.In a pressure cooker with meat, add this set of spices: laurel leaf, rosemary branch, cloves, salt, black pepper. Peel onions, carrots, garlic with a knife from the peel and rinse under running water along with celery stalks. Alternately lay the ingredients on a cutting board and cut with a knife, onion on 3 to 4 parts medium-sized carrots with an approximate thickness up to 2.5 centimeterscut the celery stalks into 2 - 3 parts in large pieces, and garlic in half. Place the vegetables in a pan with meat and spices. Add the right amount of pure distilled water and white dry wine of any brand there.
Step 3: Cook the meat.Close the pressure cooker with a lid and place it on a stove that is turned on to a strong level. When the pressure rises in the pressure cooker and the water begins to boil, and you hear it by the characteristic gurgling sound, screw the stove to a medium level and cook the meat 15 minutes. Then screw the stove to a low level and cook the meat more 20 minutes. After the desired time has passed, open the pressure cooker, let off steam and remove the meat from it along with all the vegetables using a slotted spoon. Do not pour out the remaining broth; strain it through a fine sieve into a bowl. Place all the ingredients on a plate, let cool, then cover with foil and refrigerate. In order for the veal to be cut into thin, beautiful pieces, it must be cold. Before serving, remove the meat from the refrigerator, lay it on a cutting board and cut into thin slices. Thick slices should not exceed 5 millimeters can be thinner. Leave the meat on a cutting board and let it warm to room temperature.
Step 4: prepare the sauce.Use a canned wrench to open canned tuna and a can of capers. Place the fish in a clean blender bowl with the capers marinade, and transfer the capers to a deep plate. Throw in homemade mayonnaise, olive oil, anchovy fillets, veal broth, salt and black pepper to taste. Beat the ingredients with a blender into a lush, homogeneous mass. If the sauce turns out to be too thick, add a couple more tablespoons of veal broth and beat the mass again. The consistency of the sauce should be uniform and semi-dense, it should look like sour cream of medium fat content, easily fit on the meat, but not spread over it. Lay out pieces of meat on a large flat plate, pour sauce and garnish with capers to your liking. Give Vitello tonato soak in the sauce for 10 - 15 minutes and go ahead and taste it.
Step 5: serve vitello tonato.Vitello tonato - veal with tuna sauce, served at room temperature, laid on a large flat plate. This dish is meat sliced in thin slices drenched in tuna sauce. Very often, vitello is decorated with tonsillo dill and parsley, green onions and basil. Dry or semi-dry white wine is very suitable for this dish. A wonderful and unusual appetizer for the festive table! Enjoy your meal!
- - To prepare this type of dish, you can use different types of meat, for example ducklings, turkey, beef, pork, veal, beef tongue or pork heart.
- - The sauce for this dish is prepared in different ways, sometimes boiled eggs or yolks are added to all the ingredients, sometimes instead of homemade mayonnaise, 2 raw eggs and mustard with olive oil are beaten, adding to them all the other ingredients.
- - Instead of homemade mayonnaise, you can use store mayonnaise, but of the highest quality!
- - You can experiment and add any spices you like for cooking meat to the total mass during cooking.
- - For the preparation of this dish, meat can be baked, boiled and marinated. For all three types of meat preparation, the same ingredients are used above. For baking, simply lay the meat in a deep ducklit bowl or cauldron and add all the necessary ingredients, bake it for 40 - 50 minutes, then cool and then proceed according to the recipe. To marinate, put the meat in a deep bowl, boil the marinade separately and pour the meat into it, let it marinate for 2 days and then proceed according to the recipe.
- - Instead of a pressure cooker, you can use a deep pan or cauldron for cooking meat, but remember that in this case, the meat will cook for longer than about 1 - 1.5 hours.