Ingredients for Lemon Cream
- Lemon 4 pieces
- Sugar 8 tablespoons
- Butter 80-100 grams
- 4 eggs
- Salt 1 whisper
- Main ingredientsLemon
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Kitchen paper towels, Manual citrus squeezer, Glass, Fine grater, Plate, Deep saucepan, Whisk, Stove, Kitchen thermometer, Tablespoon, Bowl, Fine sieve, Plastic wrap, Refrigerator, Half-liter clean sterilized cans - as needed
Preparation of lemon cream:
Step 1: prepare the lemons.Take juicy ripe thin-skinned lemons, rinse them under running water and wipe them with kitchen paper towels from excess moisture. Then squeeze the juice from the lemons using a manual juicer into a glass, you need approximately 4 lemons. Do not throw out the lemon peel, grate it on a fine grater in a separate plate.
Step 2: prepare the eggs.Break the eggs above the plate so that it does not disappear, not a drop of the precious ingredient and transfer them to a deep saucepan. Beat the eggs to a smooth yellow foam with a whisk for 3 - 5 minutes. Then add lemon juice and whisk the ingredients again for 3 to 4 minutes. Then sugar is used, pour it into a bowl with eggs and lemon juices without ceasing to whip the mass of whisk. Beat the ingredients until the last grain of sugar has melted 15 to 20 minutes.
Step 3: Cook the cream.Turn on the stove to a medium level, add salt, grated lemon zest to the mixture and cook until it thickens, it will take about from 10 to 12 minutes. Constantly whip the cream with whiskes, this will help it thicken faster, not stick to the bottom of the stewpan and not form lumps. Do not overheat the cream above 160 degreessince egg white may curl and white flakes form on the surface. Check the temperature with a kitchen thermometer.
Step 4: whip the cream.Then pour the hot mass into the blender bowl, helping yourself with a tablespoon, whisk it for 1 minutes at medium speed. Add half the butter with a tablespoon and whisk again for 1 minutes at medium speed. Then add the last part of the butter and whip all the ingredients for 3 - 5 minutes at low speed.
Step 5: filter the cream.Take any clean bowl. On its surface, install a fine sieve, and strain the cream through it so that lemon peel does not remain in it. Wipe the cream remaining on the sieve with a spoon in a bowl so that not a drop is lost. Cover the bowl with cream with plastic wrap and press down on the lid, this process is necessary so that the brittle hard crust does not form on the surface of the cream. Put the pan in the refrigerator and let the cream brew for 2 hours, during this time it will thicken even more, and after that you can take a sample.
Step 6: store the lemon cream.After using lemon cream, pack up the leftovers in half-liter, clean, sterilized jars, close with clean lids and put back in the refrigerator. Lemon cream refrigerated 5 days. Immediately before use, remove the desired amount of cream, transfer to a saucepan and heat on the smallest fire, stirring it thoroughly with a whisk. Then use lemon cream as you wish.
Step 7: serve the lemon cream.Lemon cream can be served separately or with fruit. Put cream on the bottom of the ice cream maker and put fresh raspberries, cherries, cherries, strawberries or currants on top, and make foam from air whipped cream on the surface of the berries. This type of cream is often soaked in pancake cake. Or lay it on a baked pie. The taste of the cream is sweet and sour, with a very pronounced smell of lemon. This wonderful dessert is simply irreplaceable at any time of the year! Enjoy your meal!
- - Lemon zest is slightly bitter, although this tart taste effect does not spoil the taste of the cream, but if you do not like it, soak the lemons in warm boiled water for 1 - 1, 5 hours and the bitterness will completely disappear.
- - For a more saturated yellow color, you can make a cream only on egg yolks and instead of 4 whole eggs, use 8 egg yolks.
- - Sometimes vanilla and cinnamon are added to this type of cream, counting on the above ingredients, 10 grams of the first and second product.
- - On the basis of technology, preparation, the above recipe for lemon cream, you can cook other types of creams. For example, orange cream, tangerine cream, or grapefruit.
- - Lemon cream can be prepared in any enameled or aluminum deep dish.
- - If for some reason, you can’t use a blender to whip the cream, for this purpose a mixer is perfect.
- - Do not forget to put salt in the cream. She knits egg white perfectly. From this, the cream becomes thicker.