Ingredients for Making Lemon Curls
- Premium wheat flour 300 grams
- Chicken eggs 2 pcs.
- Egg whites 2 pcs.
- Carrot medium 2 pcs.
- Butter 2 tbsp. spoons
- Fresh lemon 2 pcs.
- Sour cream 120 grams
- Granulated Sugar 250 grams
- Powdered sugar to your liking
- Main Ingredients Carrot, Lemon
- Serving 4-6
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Kitchen stove, Baking tray, Saucepan, Cutlery, Grater, Serving dish
Cooking curled lemon:
Step 1: Prepare the filling.Carrots must be washed in running water very carefully, then in the pan, draw water, put carrots and put on fire. Let the water boil and reduce the heat, cook the carrots until cooked (you can check this if boiled carrots are easily pierced by a toothpick). Then we take it out, let it cool well and peel it, after that we rub on a fine grater. Lemons should also be thoroughly washed and minced or minced in a blender, just before remove all bones. Sugar must be added to lemon in the amount of 170 grams. Pour the ground lemon and its juice into a saucepan with sugar, put on a fire, cook, stirring gently, should be until the sugar dissolves. In a separate bowl, spread the grated carrots and lemon syrup, mix and remove to the side.
Step 2: Cook the dough.
Step 3: Bake a zavivanets with lemon.After gone two hours, we take out the dough, sprinkle flour on the table and roll the dough into a thin circle. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl and grease the dough on top with a culinary brush. After that, spread the filling evenly on the dough (smooth it gently with a tablespoon). The last touch we have is that we roll everything into a neat, thick roll. Lubricate the surface of the roll with egg whites. We send it to the oven, preheated up to 200 degrees for half an hour. From time to time, look to make him brown, then ready. Since each mistress has her own oven and bakes, respectively, each differently.
Step 4: Serve the curl with lemon.We take the finished roll out of the oven, allow it to cool to room temperature, then cut it with a sharp knife into portioned pieces, the so-called curlers, and sprinkle with powdered sugar at the end. In addition, the dish can be decorated with fresh mint branches or long strips of lemon peel. Good appetite!
- - Carrots can also be used fresh, but it must be, as in combination with lemon the filling gives a unique taste.
- - In order to prepare powdered sugar at home, it is necessary to grind a small amount of sugar in a mortar or grind in a coffee grinder.
- - You can add crushed walnuts or raisins soaked for half an hour to the filling for zavivants to enrich the taste. On top of the roll, you can sprinkle with sesame seeds or anoint in chilled chocolate glaze.