Ingredients for making soaked apples
- Apples grade Antonovka 10 kilograms
- Rowan leaf 8 branches from 15 to 20 leaves each, or to taste
- Cherry leaf 8 branches from 15 to 20 leaves each, or to taste
- Melissa branch approximately 5 pieces or to taste
- Oregano branch of about 5 pieces or to taste
- Tarragon per 10 kilograms 4 branches
- 10 kg basil 5 branches
- Mint per 10 pounds 20 leaves
- Anise 5 stars
- Savory on 10 kilograms of 5 branches (spicy seasoning reminiscent of the aroma of pepper)
- Distilled pure water 10 liters
- Salt 100 grams per 10 liters of water
- Main IngredientsApple
- Serving: 20 servings
- World Cuisine
Deep enameled bowl, Deep enameled pan 12-15 liters - 2 pieces, Bowl, Stove, Kettle, Sterile gauze - 1 meter, Large flat plate, Three-liter jar, Plate
Cooking soaked apples:
Step 1: prepare apples and spices.There are three types of soaking apples, simple, sour and sugar. Today we will cook simple soaked apples. First of all, for urination, you need to choose the right variety of apples. Most suitable late varieties, such as anise, titovka, pepin, Antonovka, which begin to ripen in late August and mature until the end of January. The taste of such apples is sweet and sour, they are dense and juicy. We thoroughly rinse the apples under running water from unnecessary pollution, remove damaged fruits. Leaves and stalks can be left. Transfer to a deep enameled bowl and let drain excess fluid and dry. Now the right selection of spices. We take the leaves and branches of mountain ash, cherries, lemon balm, oregano, tarragon, basil, mint, anise and savory. We wash them under running water, shake off excess fluid and put in a bowl. On the stove, turned on, put on a strong level a kettle full of water and bring it to a boil. Scalp with boiling water all of the above branches of plants, thus getting rid of harmful microorganisms, drain the water from the bowl, let the branches cool, again shake off excess water from them and let dry.
Step 2: cook the brine, stack and pour the apples.
Step 3: serve soaked apples.
- - If you want to preserve soaked apples, drain and boil the brine after 40 days, put the apples along with the branches in sterilized jars, pour boiled hot brine and close with sterilized metal lids using a preservation key. Turn the jars of apples upside down and let cool under a woolen blanket for 1 to 2 days.
- - If you decide to soak apples in three-liter jars, do not forget to constantly add brine, as apples will constantly absorb it. After the brine stops decreasing, lay a layer of sterile gauze on the surface of the cans and cover them with clean plastic covers scalded with boiling water. Remove closed jars in the cold, in the cellar or refrigerate.
- - If you want to cook soaked apples in a sugar filling, you will need sugar water. For 10 kilograms of apples: pure distilled water - 10 liters, sugar - 400 grams or 300 grams of honey, salt 75 grams. Boil for 30 minutes, cool and pour the apples laid in layers with leaves and herbs. Then follow the recipe above. Such apples will be ready in 4 to 6 weeks.
- - If you want to cook soaked apples in a salt filling you will need: pure distilled water - 10 liters, rye flour 250 grams, salt 75 grams. Boil the ingredients for 15 to 20 minutes and pour the cooled brine through a sieve into a pan with apples. If you are not an opponent of flour sediment, pour 2 to 3 centimeters of rye flour on top of apples, cover with sterile gauze and squeeze with yoke. Follow the recipe above. Such apples will be ready in 1.5 - 2 months.
- - In addition to all the above spices, herbs and plants, you can add oak leaves for a larger crunch of apples. For pungency, red and black pepper, for the flavor of cinnamon. And if you make sweet apples per 10 kilograms of fruit, you can add 1 stick of vanilla.
- - Periodically look at the apples so that they do not become moldy; if this happens, carefully remove the mold and foam. Drain the brine, boil and let cool. Rinse the pan, pour over boiling water, again put apples with branches in it and pour in the cooled brine. On the surface of the apples, lay a new piece of sterile gauze and crush it with oppression.