Ingredients for making broken glass jelly cake
To make a biscuit, we need:
- Chicken egg 4-5 pieces.
- Sugar 150 grams.
- Wheat flour 150 grams.
- Baking powder for dough 1 teaspoon.
- Water or milk 100 ml.
To make sour cream jelly, we need:
- Sour cream 25% fat 600 grams.
- Sugar 200 grams.
- Gelatin 1 tablespoon with a slide.
- Vanillin 0.5 grams.
For multi-colored filling, we need:
- jelly of different colors and taste 3 packs.
- Main ingredients: Sour cream, Sponge cake
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Three bowls for jelly, A bowl for sour cream jelly, A knife, Two bowls for yolk and protein, A large bowl for dough, A whisk or a mixer for whipping, A fine sieve for flour, A large plate, A refrigerator, A detachable cake pan, Oven, Baking tray, Cooking brush for greasing, Parchment paper for baking, High mug for whipping sour cream, Thread, Wooden or plastic cutting board, Cooker or microwave, Serving plate
Cooking broken glass jelly cake:
Step 1: make gelatin.First of all, we will cook jelly. To do this, soak gelatin 100 ml cold water or cold milk in a separate bowl, stir with a spoon and set aside so that the gelatin dissolves well and swells.
Step 2: prepare multi-colored jelly.In three bowls, dilute 3 different packages jelly, following the written instructions on their back. Leave the finished diluted jelly in the refrigerator for solidification.
Step 3: prepare the biscuit.While the gelatin is soaked and the colored jelly cools, we will probably take up the preparation of our biscuit. For our biscuit, first of all, we should separate the proteins from the yolks. For this we take 2 bowls, in one of which we will break the chicken egg and pour the chicken protein, and in the other - pour the chicken yolk, respectively. We take a chicken egg, bring it with one hand over one bowl, and in the second hand we take our knife and carefully remove the egg in the sharp side of the knife in the middle exactly. A small crack should appear in the middle of the chicken egg. Now, with both hands, we will increase this split in our egg so much that all the egg white can flow out of the egg. In this case, the main thing is not to widely separate the halves of our egg shells, otherwise the whole yolk can leak out. If the protein has completely leaked out, you should carefully transfer your hands to the 2nd bowl, separate the shell to the end and release the chicken yolk into the bowl. Pour the yolks into a large bowl for kneading the dough and whisk with sugar with a whisk or mixer until lush peaks. Beat until the whole mass turns white. In portions, in essence, pour neatly sifted wheat flour. Flour with a sieve should be sifted in advance over a separate bowl. Then add the baking powder for the dough to the bowl. Separately, in another bowl, beat the egg whites to a state of stable foam. Then we spread our whipped proteins in a bowl with the dough and mix everything well with a spoon.
Step 4: bake a biscuit.
Step 5: Cook the Sour Cream Jelly.
Step 6: form a cake.To form our cake, you can use either an ordinary split mold for baking cakes, a large pan, or a small basin. The final shape of the cake should be of such a diameter that the whole round cake could fit into it without any problems. At the very bottom of the form, pour about 150 ml ready sour cream jelly. We take ready frozen jelly from the refrigerator, take it out of the bowls and cut into small cubes. Then, using a teaspoon, spread small pieces of colored jelly in sour cream jelly, as well as pieces of biscuit. Pour all over again with a small amount of our sour cream jelly. After that, we spread our second layer of jelly pieces with small biscuits. From above, again fill in all the remaining sour cream-jelly cream and spread the whole biscuit cake. The whole cake should be pressed a little with your hands so that it sticks well to the cream, and under it there is no void with excess air. In this form, the cake should be stored in the refrigerator for the whole night, so that it cools down and grate well.
Step 7: serve the broken glass jelly cake.In the morning, or afternoon, take the cake out of the refrigerator. Then it should be removed from the form. This is pretty easy. To do this, we will need to place the form itself in a large container with hot water or hold the walls of the form under running hot water. We take out the finished cake on a serving dish, cut it into portions and serve. Enjoy your meal!
- - the oven must not be opened during baking a biscuit, otherwise the rising biscuit cake may simply fall.
- - you can simplify the cooking process even more - buy a package of finished biscuit cakes.
- - sponge cake can be cut in half with a sharp knife, or you can divide it with a thread. To do this, take the thread, pull it with both hands on one side opposite you, set it exactly in the middle of the cake and, as it were, stretching it - move the stretched thread through the middle of the cake to you. As a result, you will get two even halves of the cake.
- - inside the cake, you can also add slices of various fruits, soaked raisins, as well as pieces of chocolate.
- - on top of the cake you can decorate Montpensier or confectionery powder. You can also use a culinary syringe to make various decorations on top of the cake and along its walls. This option is ideal if you are preparing such a birthday cake for your child.