Ingredients for Cooking Frozen Black Currants
- Currant 1 kg
- Main ingredients Blackcurrant
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Freezer, Plastic Bag
Preparation of frozen blackcurrant:
Step 1: preparation and freezing of berries.During the freezing of berries, important nutrients called carbohydrates are preserved, unstable vitamins and the most important vitamin C are also preserved, it loses its properties by only 10-12 percent. To begin with, we select berries, they must be large, ripe and not damaged. The first and very important secret to properly freezing currants is Do not wash it before freezing! During washing, these berries collect excess fluid and become deformed. Therefore, we take 1 kilogram of black currant, we clean it from leaves, damaged berries, if any are available and twigs, tails need not be removed! Put the prepared berries on a tray and put in the freezer. The temperature in it must be maintained from -12 to -19 degrees. Freeze the berries for 1 day. The reason for freezing berries on a tray is that such berries do not stick together in one mass, this simplifies their division into portions, you can always take the number of berries you need, unfreeze and use for your needs. During freezing, most of the cell juice in the form of water turns into crystals, as a result, the volume of berries doubles. And during thawing in properly frozen berries, all the juice that was in them remains inside and does not drain. After a day, take out the frozen berries and quickly pour them with clean hands in a clean plastic bag. Insert a regular beverage can into the bag and remove all air from the bag. Use your lips to attach to the drinking tube and suck all the air with one breath. This process will create a vacuum in the package, which will help to more securely preserve the berries. Remove the tube from the bag and secure it with a clip so that no air enters. Return the bag with black currants to the freezer and forget about it before winter.
Step 2: defrost frozen berries.
Step 3: serve the frozen black currants.
- - In the same way you can freeze raspberries, strawberries, strawberries, and red currants.
- - You can decompose frozen currants into more sachets in smaller masses. So it will be more convenient for you to get the number of berries you need from the refrigerator, and the vacuum in other packages will not be broken.
- - Instead of a clip, you can use an elastic band for hair or just tie a bag on a loose knot so that after freezing you can easily untie it.
- - Frozen currants in this way can be packaged in clean, sterile dry cans instead of bags and closed with sterile dry plastic lids. Jars of berries should be stored in the freezer.
- - Fruits and berries can be frozen in another way by making sugar syrup. Boil syrup, 500 grams of sugar per 1 liter of water. Put prepared washed berries and fruits without a core, seeds, leaves, stalks in metal molds or plastic bags and freeze in a freezer. After the product you need is frozen, remove it from the refrigerator and put in warm syrup for a couple of minutes. The temperature of the syrup is 35, 40 degrees. Then, using a slotted spoon, remove them from the syrup, put them in bags and freeze. Get briquettes with berries or fruits. During such freezing, fruits and berries do not collect much fluid and do not swell much. From above they are covered with an icy crust from sugar syrup. This type of freezing is used for a very long storage of fruits and berries.