Ingredients for Cooking Oysters with Salmon Caviar
- Oysters 24 pieces
- Lemon 1 piece
- Salmon caviar 100 grams
- Cream (any fat content) 100 grams
- Mayonnaise (any fat) 2 tablespoons
- Table salt to your liking
- White ground pepper to your liking
- Main ingredientsCaviar, Oyster, Cream
- Portion 6-8
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Cutlery, Oyster sharp knife, Small bowl, Kitchen stove, Kitchen paper napkins or towel, Strainer, Small pot, Skimmer, Serving dish
Cooking oysters with salmon caviar:
Step 1: Prepare the sauce and process the oyster juice.To begin, combine mayonnaise with cream in a small bowl, mix thoroughly. Add a little salt and pepper to your liking. Rinse the oysters well under running cold water, brush their shells. Wrap the oyster sink with a clean kitchen towel, then press it against the table so that its flat side is at the top. The sash connection should face you. Now hold the sink with one hand, insert the tip of the oyster knife into the opening of the leaf joint. Then rotate the knife so that the wings open. After that, draw a knife along the upper leaf, cut the muscle that keeps the shell closed. Discard the upper casement and carefully remove the lower case from the napkin so that oyster juice does not spill. Carefully pour oyster juice into a small saucepan, while filtering it through a strainer. This is necessary so that possibly fragments of the shell that are present do not fall into the dish. Now add freshly squeezed juice of one lemon to oyster juice, mix thoroughly, put on medium heat, bring to a boil (but do not boil!) and immediately remove the pan from the heat.
Step 2: Separate the flesh of oysters and heat it.Now hold in your hand between your fingers a shell with the flesh of an oyster wrapped in a napkin so as not to get hurt and with a careful movement towards you, pass a knife under the pulp of oysters. Rinse the separated pulp under running water, and then place in a pan with hot liquid. Put the pan again on medium heat and warm the pulp for 3 minutes. In this case, oysters do not need to be cooked, they only need to be heated. After that, remove the oyster pulp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Step 3: Form the dish.Rinse oyster shells again under running water, dry with kitchen paper towels. Then in each of them put the prepared oyster pulp, pour the cooked cream and mayonnaise sauce on top. Lay salmon caviar nicely on top.
Step 4: Serve oysters with salmon caviar.To decorate the serving dish, sprinkle on it about 500 grams of table salt, preferably coarsely ground. In a circle, lay the prepared oyster shells and serve a charming dish to the table. Good appetite!
- - In addition, the dish can be decorated with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh herbs, such as dill or cilantro. Keep in mind that the greens must first be washed in running water, and then drained.
- - It is most convenient to cut oysters with a special knife, but if you don’t have one, an ordinary sharp kitchen knife with a small but high-quality blade will do.
- - Mayonnaise in the recipe can be replaced with good sour cream. It is important that it does not acidify and is rather thick in consistency.