Ingredients for Making Chicken Salad with Nuts
- Chicken meat (veal can be used) 400 grams;
- Walnuts 140 grams;
- Mayonnaise (any fat content) 500 grams;
- Onions 2 medium heads;
- Carrots, large 2 pieces;
- Chicken egg 4 pieces;
- Water 2-3 liters;
- Vegetable oil (for frying) to taste;
- Salt to taste.
- Main Ingredients Chicken, Nuts
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cooker ;, Knife ;, Pots ;, Meat grinder (blender) ;, Cutting board ;, Frying pan ;, Deep plate.
Cooking chicken salad with nuts:
Step 1: Cut and fry the onions.Peel the onion, cut into rings (or half rings) and lightly brown on a small amount of vegetable oil. Attention! You can use raw onions, but in this case, the salad needs more time to soak, as the onion will crunch on the teeth.
Step 2: Boil the eggs.
Step 3: Boil the carrots.We clean the carrots and set it to boil over medium heat, under the lid. For complete cooking, she will need 30-40 minutes.
Step 5: Boil the meat.Carefully washed chicken cut into pieces (about 5-7 cm.) And set to cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
Step 6: Three carrots.We rub the cooled boiled carrots on a fine grater, but you can also rub on the medium, as this does not affect the taste of the dish.
Step 7: chop the nuts.Pass the nuts through a meat grinder or grind in a blender.
Step 8: Grind the meat.We cut the meat very finely with a knife or pass through a small meat grinder. We begin to lay layers.
Step 9: Lay out the layers of salad one by one.The first layer of our dish is chicken. Followed by walnuts, mayonnaise, onions, grated protein, boiled carrots, mayonnaise again. The final stage will be yolks grated on a fine grater. Now the salad needs to be infused, at least for an hour.
Step 10: Serve the chicken salad with nuts.Serving chicken salad with nuts is best in the dishes where he insisted. Let it be a deep plate with wide edges. A dish can be decorated with a small handful of chopped nuts, a sprig of dill or parsley, a grid of mayonnaise. To taste, the salad is somewhat similar to chicken pate, only much more saturated! Enjoy your meal!
- - If chopped nuts are indicated in the recipe, but you don’t have a meat grinder or a blender at hand, you can use the usual “pusher” with which we mash mashed potatoes;
- - Do not rush to salt the dish if it contains mayonnaise. As a rule, manufacturers have already provided for a certain concentration of salt in the product, so you can simply salt the treat;
- - Some housewives prefer to make "puff" salads, distributing the required amount of mayonnaise only on the top of the dish. It is worth noting that this reduces its calorie content, but does not fully saturate all the ingredients. This method of distribution of mayonnaise can be effectively used in salads, which contain "watery" vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.).