We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for making Koutia funeral
- Long grain rice 100 grams
- Raisins 70-100 grams
- Candied fruit 50 grams
- Honey or sugar 1 tablespoon
- Purified water 600 milliliters
- Main ingredients: Rice, Rice
- Portion30 Servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Medium-sized pan, Deep bowl, Two small pots, Cutting board, Knife, Deep plate or bowl, Cooker, Tablespoon
Cooking Kutia funeral:
Step 1: Prepare RaisinsAccording to Orthodox customs, the fruits that are added to kutya are associated with the paradise fruits that God gave to all mankind. You can add not only raisins to this dish, but also dried fruits, such as dried apricots, prunes, and also poppy seeds, if desired. So, put the raisins in a small pan, fill it with plain water and leave for 20-30 minutes. After washing it under running water. Pour into a pan with dried fruit 200 milliliters purified water and boil it over medium heat 5 minutes. If you use dried apricots or prunes, after cooking, cut them on a cutting board with a knife into small pieces.
Step 2: prepare the sweet ingredient.
Step 3: prepare candied fruits.
Step 4: Cooking Kutia.
Step 5: serve the funeral meal.We shift the finished kutia from the pan with a spoon into a deep plate or bowl. We smooth the surface of the dish with a spoon and, if desired, decorate with raisins and candied fruits. And now we cover with a lid from the pan, so that kutia will slowly cool down. According to Orthodox traditions, after they have consecrated kuta, they say a prayer at the table and begin a funeral feast with a spoon of this sweet dish. From this amount of ingredients, kutia is prepared for 25-30 people. Enjoy your meal!
- - Instead of rice in kutya, you can add another cereal. For example, wheat or barley.
- - A funeral commemoration is prepared for a funeral commemoration on the ninth, fortieth day, for six months, a year, a funeral day, as well as special dates for this.
- - Kutia after the funeral feast, you can put in a cool place or in the refrigerator and remember the deceased the next day before meals, until the kutia is over.
- - They put a funeral memorial in the center of the table and, as usual, each person eats one spoon before a meal. You can also take this dish with a fork or directly with your hands.
- - If for some reason you could not consecrate kutya in the church, do not be discouraged. You can simply sprinkle the dish with holy water at home or just pray before the memorial meal.
- - There is Rich Kutia, which is prepared for the holidays.