Ingredients for the preparation of the cake "Prague"
- Premium wheat flour 2 cups;
- Chicken eggs 3 pcs.;
- Condensed milk 200 gr.;
- Granulated sugar 1 cup;
- Sour cream (any fat content) 200 gr.;
- Cocoa powder 4 tbsp. spoons;
- Butter (any fat content) 250 gr.;
- Bitter chocolate (or milk) 200 gr.;
- Vanilla sugar 10 gr.;
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon;
- Water (boiled, room temperature) 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- Vodka (can be replaced with cognac, liquor) 0.5 cup;
- Jam (preferably apricot).
- Main Ingredients: Sponge Cake, Cocoa and Chocolate
- Serving 6 servings
- World cuisine Czech cuisine
Oven ;, Detachable form (diam. - 23-25 cm);, Baking paper ;, Pans ;, Sieve ;, Mixer (or regular whisk) ;, Large bowl ;, Cling film ;, Knife ;, Measuring cup.
Cooking the Prague Cake:
Step 1: Cook the dough.
Step 2: Cook the yolk mass.From two eggs from our recipe, we separate the yolks from the proteins. Beat the yolks with half the sugar until they turn white. Important! The thoroughness of this procedure depends on the degree of tenderness of baking.
Step 3: Prepare the protein mass.In a separate bowl, using a mixer, beat the whites (for at least 2 minutes), to which then half of the condensed milk, the remaining sugar, sour cream are added.
Step 4: Mix the protein and yolk masses.
Step 5: Add the flour to the protein-yolk mixture.Pre-prepared flour with cocoa powder mixed in it, carefully sifted over the protein-yolk mixture, while stirring it with light movements.
Step 6: Prepare the mold.We put baking paper on the bottom of the mold and carefully coat it with butter.
Step 7: Pour the dough into a mold and bake.Pour the dough into the mold and put it in the preheated oven (at a temperature of 180 gr.) For 60 minutes. Attention! Do not often look into the oven, because of this, baking can “settle”. It is also advisable to refrain from drafts (open window, fan, etc.).
Step 8: Remove the cakes from the oven.
Step 9: We start to prepare the cream.In the remaining egg, whisk the yolk from the protein. Mix the yolk with water and pour the condensed milk in a thin stream.
Step 10: Warm up the future cream.We heat the future cream in a water bath or put it on medium heat in a small saucepan. Important! Is required continuous stirring. Bringing the mixture to a boil, reduce the pressure of the fire and continue to cook it until thickened (2-3 minutes).
Step 11: Finish making the cream.After removing the cream from the fire, mix it thoroughly again and cover it with cling film. Soft butter (200 grams) is whipped with vanilla sugar, cocoa powder and chilled cream.
Step 12: Cut and soak cakes.Cut the biscuit into homogeneous cakes (3 pieces should turn out). We soak the finished confectionery product with vodka (you can replace it with another, existing alcohol). Important! If you plan to treat children with this cake, alcohol can be replaced sugar (or fruit) syrup.
Step 13: Distribute the cream between the cakes.Gently coat the cream with Cake Prague, except for the top of the cake, on which jam is applied and chocolate melted in a water bath with butter (50 grams). We also coat the sides of the cake with chocolate.
Step 14: Serve the Cake.This amazing cake is best served uncut. Divide the sweets into portions for a holiday scrapping, for example after candles are blown out. Chocolate gives the delicacy a pleasant aftertaste, and jam - originality! Enjoy your meal!
- - The readiness of baking is easily checked with a regular match or toothpick. Insert it into the edge of the baked product (without pulling it completely out of the oven), if the stick is moist - the dough has not been baked inside;
- - Some ovens, despite the seemingly correctly set temperature, noticeably “fry” the bottom of flour products. In this case, it is recommended to put a cast-iron bowl with water to the very bottom of the oven. Make sure that the water does not run out!
- - Another way to “adjust” the temperature in the oven is to sprinkle a thick layer of rock salt on a baking sheet;
- - The cake is cut faster and smoother with a preheated knife.