We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for Cooking Rich Kutia
- Wheat 1 cup
- Walnuts 100 grams
- Poppy 1 cup
- Raisins 100 grams
- Dried fruits (apples, pears, apricots, plums) 150 grams
- Sugar 4 tablespoons
- Honey 3 tablespoons
- Purified water 500 milliliters
- Main IngredientsMillet and Wheat
- Serving 4 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Stove, Blender, Two deep pots, Deep bowl, Four deep plates, Cutting board, Knife, Sieve, Tablespoon, Deep plate
Cooking Kutia Rich:
Step 1: prepare wheat grains.On Christmas Holy Evening, Rich Kutia must be on the table. This dish is prepared in the evening from January 6 to January 7, as well as January 13. Kutia is a traditional Slavic dish that reflects abundance and fertility. In order for kutia to turn out really tasty and festive, you need to know how to cook it correctly. Let's start preparing the main ingredient - wheat. First, we sort out the grains on the kitchen table and separate the spoiled ones from the good ones. After pouring the cereal into a deep bowl and rinse under running water. Fill with water so that it covers the wheat, and soak for 12 hours. If you have some free time left, then you can soak the grains all night. They swell from the water and become not so hard. Such wheat will be cooked twice as fast.
Step 2: cook the wheat grains.
Step 3: prepare the uzvar.
Step 4: prepare dried fruits.
Step 5: prepare the poppy.Put the poppy seeds on a plate and pour boiling water over it so that it is steamed. After the water in the poppy has cooled, drain it. Add two tablespoons of sugar to the poppy and grind it with a blender until white juice appears. This juice is called "poppy milk." In general, according to popular beliefs, poppy is a symbol of prosperity.
Step 6: prepare the raisins.There is nothing complicated in preparing raisins. It is advisable that he be pitted. If there are grape tails in this ingredient, we clear the raisins from them. Then we wash it under running water, put it on a plate and pour it with boiling water. We steam raisins for 30 minutes. This process is needed so that the dried grapes absorb a little water, swell and become more juicy and soft. After - we merge the remains of water. Hands gently squeeze the raisins and leave it in a plate.
Step 7: prepare the nuts.
Step 8: combine all the ingredients of Kutya Rich.
Step 9: serving rich Kuta.A rich kutya must not only be put first on the table, but also invited guests to taste it, as this is the main dish on Holy Evening. Cold kuti is served with cream, milk or uzvar. Good appetite!
- - If you don’t have a blender at hand for chopping nuts, then you can use a rolling pin, or crush the nuts in a mortar, or chop them finely with a knife, or you can simply crack them with your hands.
- - During the preparation of the filling for kutya, you can grind poppy seeds with sugar in a mortar. You can also use a bowl and a regular tablespoon. Of course, preparing the poppy in this way will take more time than if we could use a blender. In any case, the result is the same.
- - If for some reason you do not have dried fruit for the saffron, you can make sugar syrup with jam. To do this, you need to dissolve sugar in a small amount of water and after that add a couple of spoons of your favorite jam.
- - You can add any dried fruits, frozen berries, any kinds of nuts, and even marmalade to the spaghetti.
- - Not only wheat is suitable for kutya. It can also be prepared from various cereals, such as, for example, rice, buckwheat, oat or pearl barley.
- - It is best to cook porridge in a cast-iron cauldron or pan with a thick bottom. In such containers, the croup will not burn and it will turn out friable.
- - If kutia turned out to be very thick, it can be diluted with uzvar.
- - It is very important: kutia is not stored for a long time, since honey, in combination with all components of the dish, can begin to ferment.