Ingredients for making pork lagman
- Pork 500 grams.
- Vermicelli or noodles for lagman 200 grams.
- Onions 1 piece.
- Sweet red pepper 1 piece.
- Carrot medium 2 pieces.
- Tomato 2 pieces (or tomato paste - 4 tablespoons).
- Potato 2 pieces.
- Radish green 0.5 pieces (or turnip yellow).
- Garlic 2 cloves.
- Zira 1 pinch.
- Greens (e.g. parsley, dill, chives) to taste.
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Salt to taste.
- Main Ingredients: Pork, Pasta
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Thick-walled pan with a lid or cauldron, Bowl, Spoon, Spatula, Colander, Pestle and mortar, Kitchen towel, Portion plates, Kitchen stove
Cooking pork lagman:
Step 1: prepare the pork.We cut the meat with a knife on a cutting board into small cubes. We will heat a cauldron or a thick-walled pan with vegetable oil, throw some salt in the oil (so that the meat does not stick to the bottom of the cauldron) and add pork there. Cook the meat over medium heat. about 25 minutesuntil we add all the vegetables to it.
Step 2: prepare the onion.We clean the onions and cut them with a knife on a cutting board in half rings. To prevent your eyes from cutting from onions, periodically rinse the knife under a stream of cold water. Add the onion to the cauldron and mix with a spatula.
Step 3: prepare the carrots.Peel the carrots and cut into small cups with a knife on a cutting board. Add to the cauldron to the meat and mix with a spatula.
Step 4: prepare the pepper.Pepper will be cleaned of seeds and partitions, rinse and cut with a knife on a cutting board into small cubes. Add to the cauldron and mix with a spatula.
Step 5: prepare the radish.We clean the radish and cut it into small cubes with a knife on a cutting board. Add to the cauldron to the meat, salt to taste and mix with a spatula.
Step 6: prepare the tomatoes.Wash the tomato and put it in a pot of boiling water for 5 seconds, then we get it and peel it. Cut into small cubes with a knife on a cutting board and add to the cauldron to meat and vegetables.
Step 7: cook meat with vegetables.Zira grind with a pestle in a mortar. This seasoning will give the broth an amazing aroma. Pour meat and vegetables with boiling water, add zira to the broth and cook over low heat during 40 minutes. We cover the cauldron.
Step 8: add the potatoes.We wash the potatoes, peel them and cut them into small cubes on a cutting board with a knife. 40 minutes after the previous step, add potatoes to the broth. Leave to boil over medium heat yet for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are ready. Try the broth, and if necessary, add salt.
Step 9: prepare the greens.We wash the greens under a stream of cold water, then dry with a kitchen towel. We cut it with a knife on a cutting board very finely.
Step 10: prepare the pork lagman.Put the whole vermicelli without breaking into boiling salted water. As it warms up, the vermicelli itself will completely drop the water, but it must be stirred with a spatula so that it does not stick together and does not stick to the bottom. Cook over medium heat. about 10 minutes. Then, over the sink, throw the vermicelli into a colander and rinse with cold water. Return the vermicelli to the pan, pour with vegetable oil and mix with a spoon. We spread the vermicelli into deep plates and pour the cooked broth with pork and vegetables.
Step 11: serve the pork lagman.Serve lagman hot, decorating with fresh herbs. Also serve lavash or Uzbek tortillas to the lagman. Enjoy your meal!
- - The traditional lagman recipe uses homemade noodles. If you want to make it yourself, then you will need premium wheat flour - 250 grams, water - 1 cup and a teaspoon of salt. Dilute flour with water in a bowl, add salt and knead the dough. Grease the dough on top with vegetable oil and leave for 15 minutes. Then we roll out the dough with a rolling pin into a thin layer, fold it 16 times and cut thin noodles. We also cook home-made noodles in salted water and wash the finished noodles with water.
- - If you use a pan with thin walls and turn on a strong fire to stew vegetables and meat, they will become crispy. So the Uyghur lagman is prepared.
- - You can add or not include various vegetables, legumes and use different types of meat to the lagman filling.