We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Wheat Porridge Ingredients
- Wheat groats (crushed) 1 cup
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Main IngredientsMillet and Wheat
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan, Sieve, Dining spoon, Bowl, Gas stove, Oven
Cooking wheat porridge:
Step 1: take the wheat grits.When choosing wheat groats, pay attention to the fact that the grains are light brown in color, but not dark. Otherwise, you risk buying spoiled cereals. Be sure to look at the date of manufacture of the product - the longer it lies, the more likely it is that it starts to deteriorate. When buying cereals by weight or in packaging, make sure that it is not caked in lumps. Lumps talk about its improper storage, possibly near water, and she gained moisture. Such grains will weigh more and taste worse. For porridge we take crushed wheat groats. Be sure to rinse it, filled in a bowl with water, is half more than cereals (in volume), this is necessary so that the litter floats freely to the surface, and the sand settles to the bottom of the dishes. Fill it with water, mix with a tablespoon, then drain most of the water and select it with your hands on the sieve. We wash the groats 2 to 3 times and each time fills with fresh water.
Step 2: cook the wheat porridge.We take the pan, pour water into it (2 cups), salt and put on a gas stove. When the water boils, pour the wheat groats into the pan, put the butter and, stirring with a tablespoon, cook 20 minutes on medium heat before thickening. Then, we put the pan, covered with a lid, in a heated oven on 30 minutes at a temperature of 150 degrees, so that porridge stubs. After time, we take it out of the oven. Rotten wheat porridge is dry and crumbly.
Step 3: serve the wheat porridge.You can serve hot crumbly porridge from wheat grits as a side dish to any meat dish or as an independent dish with butter or ghee, with sour cream. Enjoy your meal!
- - If you don’t really like porridge, then it is possible to cook many other tasty and healthy dishes, such as casserole, pudding, and meatballs.
- - Wheat porridge can be prepared in various ways. If you add butter, salt, black pepper, cook porridge in meat broth, you will get the first or second dish.
- - You can also cook porridge with milk, adding a little honey, butter, dried fruit, you get a very tasty and healthy sweet dish.
- - Viscous porridge from wheat groats is most often boiled in milk.
- - It is not recommended to cook porridge in an enameled pan, in it it burns. It is better to use a non-stick pan, thick-walled.