Ingredients for Making Homemade Hot Dogs
- Premium wheat flour 350 g
- Milk (any fat content) 200 ml
- Active (dry) yeast 6 g
- Sugar 1.5 table. spoons
- Salt 0.5 teaspoon spoons
- Water 2 table. spoons
- Vegetable oil for lubrication and frying
For hot dogs:
- Sausages (dairy) 8 pcs.
- Ketchup for refueling
- French mustard for dressing
- Greens (parsley) 1 sprig
- Hard cheese 100 g
- Main Ingredients Sausage and Sausage, Yeast Dough
- Portion 4-8
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Stove, Oven, Baking tray, Grater, Frying pan, Culinary spatula, Saucepan, Parchment paper, Measuring cup, Bowl, Paper napkins, Knife, Cutting board, Tea spoon, Tablespoon
Cooking homemade hot dogs:
Step 1: Cooking the dough for buns.Since we have home-made hot dogs, we will prepare the buns ourselves, not buy them. Moreover, it is not so difficult. To start, we heat the water, we need it in order to dilute the yeast with sugar. Therefore, it is preheated, not boiled. Yeast must be actively stirred so that they completely dissolve, and foam forms on the surface of the water. Pour milk into a small saucepan, which we place on the stove. On high heat, bring the milk to a boil and immediately turn it off. Before adding it to the rest of the ingredients, you need to cool a little. Mix milk, yeast, salt and half flour in a bowl. We begin to knead the dough, gradually adding flour to get a sticky, but not liquid dough. Spend 10 minutes kneading, then cover the bowl with the dough with a towel and put it in a warm place without drafts for 1.5 hoursso that it rises.
Step 2: Bake hot dog buns.
Step 3: Prepare the ingredients for the hot dogs.We print the package with sausages and put them in front of us. Ideally, they should be grilled, but for lack of it, you can simply fry sausages in a pan with a little oil. Let's get started! Do not forget to stir and turn the sausages, we need a crispy crust, not burnt. Cheese must be grated, after holding a piece in the freezer. Rinse parsley and finely chop on a cutting board.
Step 4: Cook and serve home-made hot dogs.Cut the buns along, but not to the end, and put in each one hotdog. Add mustard and ketchup to taste, then sprinkle with chopped herbs and grated cheese. We wrap the hot dog in a paper napkin and put it on a plate. Serve hot dogs need to be hot, but eat immediately after serving, without the help of cutlery and standing. Surprisingly, this is the etiquette of "hot dogs"! Enjoy your meal!
- - Ready buns can be frozen and stored in the freezer for about 2 weeks. If you don’t have time to make buns, you can buy them.
- - If the buns are stiff, before cooking hot dogs, preheat them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- - In hot dogs, you can add additional ingredients as you wish, for example, Korean carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, mushrooms, pickled onions, etc.
- - You can add mayonnaise to sauces, or replace one of these with them. Mustard is better to use French, American or English. Russian is too spicy for this dish.
- - Homemade hot dogs are great for a party or for a snack on the go.
- - At will, you can sprinkle the buns with sesame seeds immediately after baking. In order to keep the seeds, grease the bun with a beaten egg.