Ingredients for Cooking Braised Cabbage with Meat
- Fresh cabbage 500 g
- Sauerkraut 500 g
- Meat (pork, beef) 500 g
- Onion 2 pcs.
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf 4-5 leaves
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Tomato paste 4 table. spoons
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Main Ingredients: Pork, Cabbage
- Serving 4-6
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Culinary spatula, Spoon, Bowl or pan, Plate, Blender, Frying pan or stewpan, Serving plates
Cooking stewed cabbage with meat:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.In order not to be distracted during the cooking process, it is better to immediately get all the necessary ingredients and put them in front of you. Let's talk about meat first. For the preparation of this dish, the flesh of meat or fillet is best suited. It does not contain bones, not too fat, and it is very convenient to work with it. You just need to rinse it with running water and remove the films, and then cut the meat on a cutting board into small cubes. Fresh cabbage needs to be washed, remove the top leaves and chop not very finely. You can chop cabbage with a special hatchet - so cabbage will give juice, and the dish will become tastier. If you are chopping cabbage with a blender, do not hold it for too long so as not to turn cabbage into cabbage porridge. Onions need to be peeled and cut into strips or chopped not too finely. Now the ingredients are ready, and now you can start cooking.
Step 2: Cook the stewed cabbage with meat.
Step 3: Serve the prepared stewed cabbage with meat.A wonderful aroma from the kitchen will notify you that the dish is ready, it will also call your household to the table. Therefore, it remains only to arrange the stewed cabbage with meat on portioned plates and serve. You can decorate this dish with chopped herbs. Serving necessarily hot and better with brown bread - healthy and very tasty. Enjoy your meal!
- - Instead of tomato paste, chopped fresh tomatoes can be added. If you want to completely abandon this ingredient, remember that then the dish can turn out to be sweet - it is worth adding a little lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or cranberry juice to it.
- - You can use only fresh cabbage or only sauerkraut, as well as change the proportions - this will change the taste of the dish according to your desire.
- - Additionally, you can add carrots, potatoes and bell peppers. To give a spicy taste to the dish, chopped olives can be added 10 minutes before being cooked.
- - The pork neck is ideally suited as meat - it is juicy and fragrant, and it also cooks quickly. If you want to use beef or chicken, it’s better to add a little pork to them, because the beef is dry and the chicken is not very fragrant.
- - The following spices are well suited for cabbage: garlic, basil, dill, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, suneli hops. - If sauerkraut is too salty, it must be washed in a sieve under running water, and then removed by hand.