Ingredients for Making Horse Neck Shake
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- Angostura bitter -1/2 teaspoon to taste
- Cognac 1/4 cup
- Lemon, Orange or Lime 1 pc.
- Ice 4-5 cubes
- Main ingredientsCognac
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife for zest, Teaspoon, Glass, Ice tongs, Bar spoon, Highballs (special cocktail glasses), Refrigerator, Tubules - 2 pcs. per serving
Making the Horse Neck Cocktail:
Step 1: Cut a spiral from the zest of a lemon, orange or lime.Rinse lemon, orange or lime with running cold water, then soak it for a while (1 - 2 hours) in a bowl of warm water in order to surely get rid of contamination of the fetus. After this procedure, rinse it with water again. From the citrus fruit, it is necessary to cut the peel with a sharp zest knife in the form of a thin spiral so as not to touch the white flesh.
Step 2: Step 2: Connect the ginger ale and Angostura bitter.Ginger ale - This is a slightly carbonated sweet drink from ginger. It is usually used by actors during filming instead of beer or cognac, so as not to get drunk. This ingredient must be poured into a highball. Then drip there Angosturu Bitter - This is a strong tincture made from orange and lemon peels, as well as various herbs. Then a special bar spoon intensively and quickly mix the resulting mass.
Step 3: Step 3: Pour cognac into the cocktail and send it to the refrigerator.Then add cognac to the drink (and it should not be stirred) and carefully place the glasses in the refrigerator for 1 - 1.5 hours to cool the cocktail. A spiral of lemon, orange or lime zest can be knotted at one or both ends. Next, get a chilled drink and add pieces of ice to it.
Step 4: Step 4: Serve the Horse Neck Cocktail.Place the prepared spiral of fruit skins in a highball with a drink and evenly distribute it throughout the glass, place 2 straws, as there are several layers of cocktails that can be drunk at the same time using tubules, without stirring the ingredients. To add a special taste and aroma to a drink, squeeze a few drops of lemon or orange into a highball with a cocktail. Serve the cocktail with sweets or sweet cookies. Good appetite!
- - Instead of brandy, you can use bourbon, brandy or any other strong alcoholic drink, but it should be noted that the taste of the finished drink will change slightly.
- - In order to give an unforgettable and more stable aroma and taste to the Horse Neck cocktail, before mixing the ingredients with a special bar spoon, you can add 1 - 2 grams of ground ginger root.
- - For the preparation of cocktails, including the "Horse Neck", it is recommended to use a special shaker. But if you do not have one, you can mix the ingredients to a uniform consistency with a blender or mixer.
- - As you know, Angostura bitter is a Hungarian version of tincture of citrus fruits, some herbs and berries, which are widely used in the preparation of cocktails, and even medicines. But instead of exotic beater, you can use its analogue - pepper or tincture of St. John's wort.