Ingredients for making a screwdriver cocktail
- Vodka 150 grams
- Orange 5 pcs.
- Honey (any grade without bitterness) 2-3 teaspoons
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Ice 4 pieces
- Main Ingredients: Orange, Vodka
- Serving 2 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Juicer, Kettle, Knife, Cutting board, Large bowl, Small bowl, Glass, Grater, Teaspoon, Saucepan, Kitchen stove, Refrigerator, Highballs (special cocktail glasses), Tubules
Preparation of cocktail "Screwdriver":
Step 1: Making Orange Fresh.Rinse the orange thoroughly first with hot and then with cold water. Next, peel it, place the orange slices in a juicer and make an fresh orange. You can, of course, use ready-made juice bought at the store, but natural fresh is much tastier and healthier. On a fine grater, gently rub the zest of the orange into a small bowl.
Step 2: Step 2: Squeeze out a little lemon juice.Pour water into a kettle and bring to a boil. Lemon should also be thoroughly washed with running hot, and then cold water. Then cut the fruit into 2 parts, one of which is useful to us for decoration. Scalp the other part of the fruit with boiling water and squeeze the juice into a glass or a small bowl. Separate the remaining lemon flesh from the peel, tear into fibers.
Step 3: Step 3: Add honey to the drink.In a large bowl, combine orange juice, vodka, juice from half a lemon and orange zest prepared in advance. In order to soften the taste of the burning "Screwdriver" in this cocktail, it is recommended to add a few teaspoons of honey. In order for the honey to dissolve well, the resulting mixture can be poured into a saucepan and put on fire for literally 1 minute, no more. Cool the heated liquid first in a natural way.
Step 4: Step 4: Serve the Screwdriver cocktail.Before serving the “Screwdriver” cocktail, it must be poured into highballs (special cocktail glasses), add slices of cooked lemon pulp and place in the refrigerator for a while. If you don’t have highballs, pour it into ordinary glasses. While the drink is cooling, cut the second half of the lemon into slices, which then set on highballs with a cold cocktail. Insert the tubes into the glasses and put pieces of ice there. Good appetite!
- - According to the original recipe for the Screwdriver cocktail, orange juice is used in its preparation. But if you don’t like one, you can use any other, from pineapple to tomato (but this will not be a “Screwdriver”, but “Bloody Mary”).
- - Instead of heating on the stove, you can use another way to evenly mix the ingredients: all the components of the drink can be mixed using a mixer or a blender.
- - You can decorate a cocktail not only with lemon slices, but also with orange slices, kiwi slices, pineapple rings, and, at worst, with special umbrellas for cocktails, etc.
- - It is not recommended to consume this drink without any snack, which will be excellent for vegetables and meat, hot or cold dishes.