Ingredients for making mincemeat walnut
- Lightly salted herring fillet 300 gr.
- Onion 1 pc.
- Potato 2 pcs.
- Chicken egg 3 pcs.
- Walnuts peeled 200 gr.
- Mayonnaise (or sour cream) 4 tbsp. spoons
- Lemon juice (or vinegar 3%) 2 tsp
- Milk (any fat content) 100 ml.
- Brown bread 1 roll
- Dill greens 1 bunch
- Sprigs of basil for decoration
- Main Ingredients Herring, Nuts
- Serving 7 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Bowl, Cutting board, Colander, Casserole, Knife, Glass, Deep plate, Meat grinder or blender, Dish
Cooking forshmak nut:
Step 1: Soak herring in milk.Herring fillet into medium pieces, put them in a bowl and fill with milk. It is necessary to soak the fish in order to give it an even more delicate and harmonious taste. The fish should stay in milk from 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the initial salinity of the herring. If the fish was lightly salted, then 30 minutes would be enough. After that, we discard the herring in a colander and let it drain thoroughly.
Step 2: Prepare the ingredients for the forshmak.
Step 3: Cook the nutty mincemeat.All ingredients (herring fillet, onions, potatoes, eggs, walnuts) must be well grinded with a blender or pass through a meat grinder several times. Also, the mass can be slightly beaten with a mixer. In this case, the forcemeat consistency will be even more airy, and the taste of the dish will be even brighter and more tender. Next, add lemon juice to the mass and, if desired, a little salt. Grind dill and add to the mincemeat, also at this stage mayonnaise is laid. Again, thoroughly mix and whisk.
Step 4: Serve the forshmak nut.Such a mincemeat can be served both in a saucepan or bowl with a table knife and separately with bread, toast or salted crackers. It is also possible immediately before serving on the table to prepare snack sandwiches from walnut mincemeat. We decorate the dish with sprigs of basil, dill or parsley. Enjoy your meal!
- - Forshmak can be used to make canapes with black or white bread. From vegetables, it goes well with tomatoes and cucumbers, and canapes can be supplemented with cream cheese or ham.
- - Before serving mincemeat, it is best to cool the nut with a refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- - Forshmak can be beautifully laid out on sandwiches with a culinary syringe. If you use wafer cake-cakes instead of bread, the dish will look unusual in a special way and even on the festive table it will look more than good.