Ingredients for making a pie with plums and cottage cheese.
- plums 400 gr. (you can increase or decrease the number of plums - according to your preference)
- cottage cheese 200 gr. (home)
- flour 1-1.5 tbsp.
- butter 100 gr.
- sugar 100 gr.
- eggs 2 pcs (based on: 1 yolk + 2-3 protein)
- honey 3 tbsp. l (liquid)
- sugar 3 tbsp. l
- cinnamon 1 tsp
- zest 1 lemon 1 pc.
- salt 1 pinch
- soda 1 pinch
- Main Ingredients Plum, Cottage Cheese
- Serving 6 servings
Inventory:bowl, mixer (egg whisk), knife, grater, baking tray (baking dish)
Cooking a pie with plums and cottage cheese:
Step 1: Knead the dough.Wash and break the eggs, separating the whites and yolks. We will need only one yolk, so do not mix the yolks with each other! Put the oil out of the refrigerator and let it soften. Wash the lemon and cut off the zest from it. Grind the zest. Now, with a sharp knife, cut the butter into small pieces, add flour, 100 gr. sugar, homemade cottage cheese and egg yolk. Mix everything. Add soda, salt and lemon zest to the dough. The dough should be viscous, sticky to the hands. Place the bowl of dough in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
Step 2: Bake the plum pie in the oven.Turn on the preheat oven to 200 degrees. Beat whites with a whisk or mixer until a thick, uniform foam is formed. Wash the plums, pit them and cut each plum into small slices. Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator. So that it does not stick to your hands, it is better to dip your hands in flour. Smear the baking sheet with butter, lay the dough on top, while doing the sides along the edges of the baking sheet. Spread the dough evenly and brush it on top with honey. Sprinkle chopped plums 3 tbsp. l sugar and lay plums on the dough. Season the future pie with cinnamon to taste. Top it with whipped squirrels. Place the pan in the oven for 30-45 minutes. A sign that the cake is ready - the dough acquires a golden hue. Enjoy your meal!
- - If the cottage cheese is wet, then the dough will turn out not too high quality. To save the situation, if you have wet cottage cheese - mix the resulting dough with butter crumbs, but note that in this case the dough will be quite dense.
- - Make a recipe with apples or prunes or some sour berries.
- - Depending on the amount of plums and their ripeness, the taste of the cake changes. For example, ripe, juicy plums, will give a lot of juice from which the dough is well soaked with plum caramel. More tart plums will give the cake a sour specific taste, which is so appreciated by plum cake lovers.